ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty tyre

I bought 4 new pirelli's for my 172 and 2 months and 2000 miles later one of the tyres seemed to 'develop' a rather large bulge in the sidewall.

Took it back to the place where we bought the tyres and they said they can't see any impact mark on the wheel matching the problem area so it can only be a manufacturing fault, and they agreed to replace the tyre free and send the bill and tyre to pirelli.

Today we recieved a letter basically stating that the defect is from a curb impact and there is nothing wrong with the tyre.

Any ideas how we should respond to this? as the wheel has definitely not hit a curb, but we can not really prove this.

Thanks in advance for any help

Barge
Pot hole probably. Same thing happened to my old car. Just bad luck, TBH.

I'm assuming the garage you bought it from also said there had been no curb issue? i.e no marks on the alloy, etc. Did you take pictures?

Yeh they agreed there had been no impact which caused the issue. Didn't take any pictures stupidly since we were assured it would all be dealt with with no problems. :dapprove:

Barge
Refute it again then? Get the garage to write another letter.

But I bet it's the outcome of hitting a pothole. It happened on my 197 and I thought WTF it's failed... Then I thought back and I'd hit an unavoidable pot hole (on coming cars) and it appeared after that.