ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Favourite clio shape?

I like the 172/182 shape. Looks kind of distinctive I think especially the rear quarter area. I like the the 'flow' it has. The newer shape looks more anonymous IMHO.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Vee looks epic

197 looks fat as f**k :D

200, better diffuser but ugly front

182, subtly awesome in bright colours... In black, they can look like non sports... Same for any really lol

ph1, horrid rear, awesome front

200t. Get f**ked

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
mk2 is only shape where none RenaultSport ones look alright.

Punto/Clio GTT
Modified - MK1 Dimma

mycliodimma.jpg

mycliodimma2.jpg

Unmodified - Williams

Renault%20Clio%20Williams%20(5).jpg

Attachments

• mycliodimma.jpg
    mycliodimma.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 402
  197 RB
I can't decide! Each shape has its own character.

Agree with this.

Mk1 Williams and 16v ooze retro chic
172 Ph1 Original RS Clio. Demands admiration.
172 Ph2 Has mild aggressive features but also its subtlety makes it quite a nifty Q car
182 Similar but better colour palette makes it more sporty looking and Xenons add exclusivity
Mk3 197 Agressive and purposeful stance. Love the rear quarters. Most people would be unaware of the width until you park it next to a non so. Love doing this at my brother in laws to remind him his TCE is no RS.
Mk3 200 Front has slowly grown on me but bad wheel choices and less aggressive front end makes it my least fave.

My order would be 197 - 182 - Williams - Ph1 - Ph2 - 200
:)

The 200T hasn't won my love yet.

Vee looks epic

ph1, horrid rear, awesome front

The Vee is too in your face for me. I'd be a bit embarrassed to drive it actually lol, like I'd never drive a lurid orange Focus RS for the same reason lol.

The problem with the ph1 is the rear bar has no cut out for an exhaust. You could also like the 'stealthy' nature of this too though. It's a faster car than many cars with fat cosmetic twin tail pipes.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The Vee is too in your face for me. I'd be a bit embarrassed to drive it actually lol, like I'd never drive a lurid orange Focus RS for the same reason lol.

The problem with the ph1 is the rear bar has no cut out for an exhaust. You could also like the 'stealthy' nature of this too though. It's a faster car than many cars with fat cosmetic twin tail pipes.

Ive said to friends I'm not a good enough driver to drive a vee lol. Not in the sense I'd crash, I just end up in awkward situations, like driving through bus depots or having to squeeze a 197 down a very tight (mirrors in) back alley lol. I'd look a grade A c**t doing that in a vee haha

i love Sts but i couldn't own one, I'd love it but I'd always think "it's not an RS". Asbo orange/green ftw

i agree about the ph1, but that's not what I'm into, ph1.5 is the way forward

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
The old man has an Asbo green RS. Never handed the keys over either...... ; (
Love the Williams shape, but have to be biased to the 182 ; )

Ph1 isn't a seperate shape though is it?? Or is it?

Aren't the only shapes mk1, mk2, V6 (ph1&2), 197, 200, 200T? Or am I being thick?

Mk2s are the still best shape of the lot in my eyes. As much as I love mine, I still think I prefer the front end of the ph1.

Last edited:

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
MK1 valver/williams
Ph1 front end
182 cup gotta be in racing blue tho

Passat
Is there any Ph1 owner who has the rear of the car as their avatar?

The fronts are absolutely glorious...but the rear is just so dated and drab.

197's from the front, and in the flesh, are also lovely. Photos rarely do them justice.

They all have their charms, as stated, but I think it's got to be a 182 for me. Although Monaco and Flame Red are my favourite colours.

I don't f**king know!

RB Clio 182
Im torn between the r27 and the 182, its close but im leaning towards the 182, the 197 looks a bit plastic on the exterior compared .

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Mk1 valves/Williams. Love the boxy arches, especially on the rear.

172 cup is the best
Its the most raw & focused

Not being funny but have you driven anything more than ten years old? Surely a MkI is a fair bit more 'raw' than a 172 Cup. Also the thread is about the favourite shape, not what's the best race car.

An orange one
Vee and 197

I will never like the 200 front as much as the 197 and the 200T is just plain wrong IMO

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Based on Looks only, I think the 197 is the best looking Clio ever made.

197 RB
Vee, ph1 then 182FF for me. As someone else said, the newer cars could be anything really and I'm especially not keen on the 200 front end.

Funny you'd say the mk3 could be anything as I think the mk2 blends in more. Mk3 is easy to spot on the road due to its massive arse :cool:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I do like an R27... although I saw a Mk1 drive past me yesterday and it looked so good with the Williams wheels!