ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FBW --> cable. What parts?

Clio 172 Ph1
What parts do i need to convert from fire by wire throttle system to a cable, on a Clio 1.4 16v (2002)? Which parts do i exactly need?
ECU is not a problem, because i am changing it.

Stand alone ECU is easiest.

Then any 1.4 phase 1 throttle body normal throttle pedal from any phase 1 car (99% have proper cabel pedals)

Clio 172 Ph1
So i can't modify my (electrical) throttle body to work with cable?

Which else throttle body can use? Can i use it from older renault engines (from clio mk1) 1.8 16v or 8v, or 2.0?

Chocolate Bar™
think the mk2 ph1 1.4 had a cable throttle, so might be worth looking at that, but not really sure to be honest on this one.

and no, you cant modify your electrical one

Clio 172 Ph1
Yes, the 1.4 16v mk2 ph1 had cable.
But it is easier to find clio mk1 throttle bodies, so can i use maybe one of them(which)??

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
try reversing the wires, then you'll have fun, do you gotta lift your foot up to accelerate, and push it down to stop

So i can't modify my (electrical) throttle body to work with cable?

Which else throttle body can use? Can i use it from older renault engines (from clio mk1) 1.8 16v or 8v, or 2.0?
Well you can yep but what the point

You can use the Megan/Clio etc 1.4 and 1.6 Mk2 phase 1 cars which used the same throttle body.

You could make a older Mk1 work assuming your using a stand alone ECU etc but why bother?

Yes, the 1.4 16v mk2 ph1 had cable.
But it is easier to find clio mk1 throttle bodies, so can i use maybe one of them(which)??
All of them could be made to work assuming your using stand alone ECU otherwsie you can make any work with effort.