ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Federal RSR 595 tyres falling to pieces

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Whats the rational behind people choosign these over the (often, but not always cheaper) Yoko AD08?

These are much closer to a 888 in the dry than an AD08 is, the tread blocks on a AD08 are smaller and hence easier to take the edges off, and they are also better in the wet from what I have heard although Ive not personally tried AD08 in the wet yet.
So my rational, as I believe the RSR to be a better all round tyre. (other than the reliability niggles)

Im running these on the SC172 but havnt done enough miles to report back about any splitting, but they offer amazing grip im more than very impressed with the grip. I dout it will see any track days so they should be fine for the road, however im currently looking at tyres for the front of the 197 & camskill are selling these for £92 in 215/45/17, im tempted to get these instead of some more conti 3s to match the rears, as ill be doing track days in it but i dont want them splitting :(

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The amount of grip for what you pay is why these are a no brainer.

I don't know of many tyres that switch on straight away like these do.

You can come out on track & hammer it down craners at Donington from the off no warm up.

Supprising good in the wet as well.

Clio 172
Have to agree with Steve, superb grip in the dry, very good grip in the wet, they don't fall off after a long hammering and they come as new with about 7mm of tread so last ages.

IMAG0326-1.jpg

IMAG0325-1.jpg

IMAG0324-1.jpg

IMAG0323-1.jpg

IMAG0322-1.jpg

IMAG0321-1.jpg

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I only chose mine as they were cheaper by a country mile. £80 per corner if I remember right

Mini Cooper S
I've got a second hand set of an ex MX5 racer and they have a slit in them. I'll give em a go when time comes for me to get the car on track. What's the worst that could happen. HA!

Audi A5
Have to agree with Steve, superb grip in the dry, very good grip in the wet, they don't fall off after a long hammering and they come as new with about 7mm of tread so last ages.

6mm tread ;)

IMAG0399.jpg

do agree they last ages.

ive not had any problems with mine so far. not liking the look or these cracks though even if people have reported them to be safe to drive on, think im going to try AD08's next.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ill check mine out for line cracks soon. Passenger sidewall/shoulder wore a bit at llandow track day in march. They were brand new the day before too.

Still think they are awesome tyres though. Great amount if grip in dry and decent in wet too

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Me and Lesley are still using the cracked ones in the picture, not really got any worse.

shame about these issues as they are epic tyres, perfect level of grip on a lightly modded 172 (ie just cup shocks and some uprated springs) as stickier tyres makes them lean a bit too much IMHO.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
should one be worried about these, as they seem a good tyre for the price?

thanks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
should one be worried about these, as they seem a good tyre for the price?

thanks

We were out on the ones in the picture again yesterday, as above the cracks look scarey but actually dont seem to do any harm at all.

Ive no intention of changing to another tyre as I havent yet found a comparable all rounder.

WRX
First time I'd used them in anger yesterday and cannot fault them, will not bother trying anything else. Really impressed with them. Ideal for Clios IMO

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
is mytyre the cheapest? 77.00iirc :) thanks!!
also
never used there service before but seems to be good :) thanks

WRX
I got mine through there but wouldn't recommend their fitting choice. Might have been a one off but took nearly two weeks for them to get fitted. Think they come from Germany, appears so from paperwork. Tyretraders are worth looking at as I've been happy with them in the past and probably get mine from there in the future.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Thats not good Gaz!

RSR's are superb on a clio, even on stock suspension they allow you to be much quicker than a track spec'd car.

Might get some for the beemer if i can convince myself to track it.

LY FF182
I got my 595's from a company in Netherlands.. £277 delivered and fitted for £25 locally.. Superb tyres on the road (yet to track mine!)

Homo spec mazda
For anyone who's really really bothered about lap times. There is some variance in quality of these. One of the max5 racers was way off his lap times on the ones camskill for example sell.

406 V6, Race Buggy
For anyone who's really really bothered about lap times. There is some variance in quality of these. One of the max5 racers was way off his lap times on the ones camskill for example sell.

There's a lot of different compounds, and some firms aren't picky about what they supply when the EU-market ones are cheaper.

Clio 182
These are still as bad, both split after one track day.
The rear has also split down the middle and has a line all the way round.
Terrible tyres.
Don't waste your money guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    910.9 KB · Views: 121
  172 Ph1
These are still as bad, both split after one track day.
The rear has also split down the middle and has a line all the way round.
Terrible tyres.
Don't waste your money guys

Wtf is that crack all about ?
Never seen that before on any of my tyres after track day.

Clio 182
I won't be running them ever again.
I will pull them off next week.
Must have only covered 40 laps.
Absolute junk considering they are advertised as a track day tyre.