ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Federal RSR 595 tyres falling to pieces

172 Cup plus more
Mine cracked after one track day right across the whole tyre but I decided to do another day on them and they got no worse. Ended up doing over 6 fully trackdays on them, they just wouldn't wear out.

I wouldn't say they are a great tyre as I'm now running the dmack and they are great (but wear fast) but for the price and how long they last they ain't so bad, and I found they didn't go off as fast as a r888

Clio 182
Issue for me is if I turn up to a track knowing the state of them tyres and end up crashing or wiping somone out at Bedford in February then it's bang out of order or if they fall apart my day was wasted over a tyres that's clearly not fit for purpose.
The common theme online seems to be run them and they will get no worse but if your shoe split you would not wear them so why risk 100mph plus on a tyre.

Federal and mytyres.com will be getting calls and emails over this as I'm clearly not alone and the fault goes back 2+ years from Google searches.

Imagine using that on the road and plod Seing them, 3 points a piece.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is it true RSR's are remoulds?
I must admit, I've got two sets of these now, three track days on the one set and others road use. So far they have been brilliant and no cracks as of yet

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Issue for me is if I turn up to a track knowing the state of them tyres and end up crashing or wiping somone out at Bedford in February then it's bang out of order or if they fall apart my day was wasted over a tyres that's clearly not fit for purpose.
The common theme online seems to be run them and they will get no worse but if your shoe split you would not wear them so why risk 100mph plus on a tyre.

Federal and mytyres.com will be getting calls and emails over this as I'm clearly not alone and the fault goes back 2+ years from Google searches.

Imagine using that on the road and plod Seing them, 3 points a piece.

If they go back 2+ years you clearly didn't research your choice in tyre very well and considering they are the only point of contact between you and the road you should really do your homework.

Just playing devils advocate here.

Clio 182
If they go back 2+ years you clearly didn't research your choice in tyre very well and considering they are the only point of contact between you and the road you should really do your homework.

Just playing devils advocate here.

Thanks kid.