ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fedora Core 8

As you all know, I'm a Debian person.. but I do take note of other distro's such as Fedora.

So, I downloaded the Fedora 8 Live CD, and just using it now.. OMG. Infact, I'm VERY impressed.

On my laptop, it's even better than Ubuntu 7.10 in terms of "everything" working - I even have XGL on my laptop (Dell D420) with full wireless support and everything - Ubuntu didn't manage XGL!

I've never been a Red Hat person.. but seriously, FC8 is PRETTY impressive IMO.

Worth a look for you Linux fans.

Ooooooh I might give this a go. The only reason I havent is that for some reason the mirror I aways seem up choosing downloads at 25k/ps and I get fed up waiting.

I started out with RHL back in the day. IIRC v4.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Been watching the FC branch for a while now.. was a huge fan up to FC6 then moved to ubuntu. I am Certified in Red Hat so will have to take a look at their latest release.

Just for the record Ubuntu picked up and enabled Compiz first time aswell.

Just for the record Ubuntu picked up and enabled Compiz first time aswell.

"Back in the day" I would have spent hours getting things working.. but when I just wanted to play with the Live CD and Fedora "just worked" - I was pretty impressed. Ubuntu Live only worked in VGA mode, so looked awful. I know I could get it working, but that wasn't the intention.

Now, does this Compiz work with Fluxbox? I wanna bit of old school with cube! :p