ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

feel like giving up, help me!

Clio 182
My 182 cup keeps loosing all power and popping and banging now i have changed all four spark plugs to ngk platinums, changed the ignition leads, fitted a new crank shaft position sensor, new coil pack, replaced both upstream and downstream lambdas and its still broken the last things i can think of is a fueling problem or possibly a throttle position sensor any ideas are welcome as i feel like driving it into a wall! :mad:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah I had the same sorta thing with mine, blocked injector. Get it plugged in mate, otherwise its all just money down the drain.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I was going to say injector. (Not based on my crap mechanical knowledge, but because it sounds very very similar to a problem on here before that turned out to be injectors)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Are the NGK platinums the orginal ones? Pretty sure using anything but the standard spec ones is a no no.

Clio 182
yeah as far as i am aware they are and ive had it on the machine where i work a few times first time it was front lambda the second i think was crank position sensor and ive changed them both. dont suppose it could be somthing to do with the fuel filter could it?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
yeah as far as i am aware they are and ive had it on the machine where i work a few times first time it was front lambda the second i think was tps and ive changed them both. dont suppose it could be somthing to do with the fuel filter could it?

Doubtfull, they last 100k+ iirc

Clio 182
i should mention it only does it at either 2k or 4k and is slowley starting to do it alot more never used to do it when it was hot but does now

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My faulty injector was fine when the car was left in the garage overnight but would constantly fail when it was left outside overnight, it finally gave up after doing this off and on for 6 months. I assume your engine management light is on? Once mine was plugged into the AA's computer it had an injector fault come up straight away.

Clio 182
it has been on and off for a while now but never been anything of importance however it has just came on today so fingers crossed when i plug it in next it will bring up an injector fault i know i sound mad saying that but i am so sick of it now i just want to get it sorted

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was exactly the same with mine then I broke the fuel line clip whilist refitting the injectors and put fuel all over the bay :/ Finally working now tho thankfully!