ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS

PH2 172
im trying to sort out a group buy on these if anyone is interested? have a look over on the group buy page.

jonny

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
i'm £105 delivered

You supply 565h aswell don't you Fred?

General consensus seems to be this being the preffered pad. :)

the 565H is a thicker pad with a larger surface area, obvious from the images below, price difference between the 2 is about £10, but some companies sell the cheaper 406H pad at the same price as the more expensive 565H pad which is a bit naughty in my book

406H dimensions and image
129,9x51x18,3mm
406h.jpg

565H dimensions and image
130x53,5x19,1mm
565H.jpg

It would appear ktec have previously supplied 172/182 pads in the 406 variant, so worth asking unless buying from the likes of Fred or P@AN...

Ktec kit (2500s and HC discs) came with 406s. Had to file them to fit ffs. Seems strange if there is a part that fits properly.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
fred only sells 565H IIRC. these are the ones to have (need to be filed though a bit)

Lionel Richie
they both need to be filed down to fit, so its pointless selling the 406H pads with less surface area and less material (thickness)

IMO the only reason to sell the 406H is because they cost less in the first place to buy and hence you can make a bit more money on them

oh and that old price of £105 delivered is out of date now unfortunatley, look at the date of the post!!

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive just had fitted Brembo disc,ds2500 pads,new stainless steel lines and some new fluid and i can honestly say its a decent upgrade;)

I bought my pads from Demon Tweeks for £90............

n/a
Ive just had fitted Brembo disc,ds2500 pads,new stainless steel lines and some new fluid and i can honestly say its a decent upgrade;)

I bought my pads from Demon Tweeks for £90............

what lines and fluid did you go for? i need new rear pads dont know what to go for as standard ones are going to cost me 60!f-dat but yeh ferodos are defo what im getting

RB 182
I did the same, they work out very competative especially with HC discs too... If anyone is interested, I'm selling my set in the next week once I have my special brake kit fitted :D Will post something in the sale section soon ;)

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
what lines and fluid did you go for? i need new rear pads dont know what to go for as standard ones are going to cost me 60!f-dat but yeh ferodos are defo what im getting

I went for Goodridge seem ok and dot 4 fluid i think..........
I could do with replacing the rear disc so thats me next job............

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm looking at future upgrades and pads are next on my list. I've been settled on Ferodo DS 1.11 but I'm starting to think they may be a tad overkill for a road car.

The Clio probably won't be seeing a track during my ownership but I do drive it relatively hard at times as I have good roads near me. Would the DS2500 be a better pad for me instead of the DS1.11 seen as it's primarily a road car? Any equivalent Pagid pads as a road car or is it worth sticking with the DS 1.11?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve had both and if it’s a road car the 2500’s are absolutely fine.

DS1.11’s need heat in them otherwise they squeal... a lot.
That's positive to hear, thanks for this Darren. It's good that you've had experience of both. I'll probably upgrade to Brembo HC discs at the same time too. Tbh the brakes don't feel too bad as they are, I find the standard Clio pedal feel to be excellent in all fairness so it won't be an immediate change, probably later in the year or something.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
the DS1.11 will be over kill for just road, the DS2500 are a popular upgrade. The Mintex M1144 are another cost effective upgrade over OE for road use. A litre of the Ate typ200 brake fluid while at it, if not been done for a while, often gets over looked. I can help with those, Brembo HC discs, etc (y) http://www.roadtrackraceparts.com/s...lio-172-182.html?dir=asc&limit=36&order=price
Thanks very much George, I'll definitely be coming to you when the time comes bud. Yes fluid and brake lines will also be changed at the same time.

I know some of the Honda lads run DS2500 but they've always had mixed reviews but the Clio is quite light so shouldn't be too harsh on its brakes. [emoji106]

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Brakes dont really get comparably hot with road use.
Another pad to consider is the PBS ProTrack which are only £100. They have a bit nicer pedal feel to the Ferodo and Mintex we sell.