ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo Road Pads

2003 Clio 172
I'm replacing the brakes on my Ph2 172 soon and have decided to go DS2500 on the fronts.
I saw Kam Racing are selling two kind of Ferodo pads. Either 'Race pads' p/n FCP565H or FCP406H and 'Road pads' p/n FDS406.
I did search and have yet to see anyone on here even mention the road pads.
The car is my daily and I've also seen DS2500 aren't exactly road legal but the car will hopefully see some track time regularly in a near future.

Now, what are these road pads? Anything worth buying or should I just man up and get a set of DS2500 from G172 on here?
Also, I've read a few have had to grind the backs of the 2500s with p/n 406. Would the road pads be as bad to fit?

mk1 Octavia VRS
The DS Performance ("road pads") are ECE R90 approved, the DS2500/DS3000 are not ("race pads"). The FCP406 is the fitment number for the front pads on the Clio but the letter at the end is the pad compound (H is DS2500). I have the FCP565H pads, I didn't fit them to my car but I believe a bit of filing to the pads is necessary so they move freely in the carriers.

I've not heard anything about the DS Performance pads. There are also uprated pads from Brembo that are ECE R90 approved (HP2000?) but I haven't heard anything about those either. I would be interested to hear if you find anything or if anyone on here has had experience with them.

I'll probably try a different pad when my DS2500s wear out, but not sure what yet.

2003 Clio 172
The DS Performance ("road pads") are ECE R90 approved, the DS2500/DS3000 are not ("race pads"). The FCP406 is the fitment number for the front pads on the Clio but the letter at the end is the pad compound (H is DS2500). I have the FCP565H pads, I didn't fit them to my car but I believe a bit of filing to the pads is necessary so they move freely in the carriers.

I've not heard anything about the DS Performance pads. There are also uprated pads from Brembo that are ECE R90 approved (HP2000?) but I haven't heard anything about those either. I would be interested to hear if you find anything or if anyone on here has had experience with them.

I'll probably try a different pad when my DS2500s wear out, but not sure what yet.

How did you like the 2500s?

Doesn't seem people have tried that many different options or at least shared their experiences here.
CL RC5+ doesn't seem that suitable as I'm sure the noise would drive me nuts.
Pagid RS4 too seem a bit much for street use.

In my case I'd need something that would do for the occasional track day and B-road blast and everyday daily driving. Oh, and I'm too lazy to change pads every trackday. :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'm replacing the brakes on my Ph2 172 soon , should I just man up and get a set of DS2500 from G172 on here?

Yep :tonguewink:

IMO if planning on doing the odd track day you may aswel spend a little bit more money and go for the DS2500. They work well from cold, the dust is easily cleaned off (decent wheel sealant helps) and aren't too noisy (when fitted/bedded in correctly) ime

The DS performance range and the Brembo Sport pads are decent pads, but for the little price difference you may aswel lean towards the DS2500 if you know will you be going on track

Like you say, they list two pads for these cars. One has more surface area and is slightly thicker so better value for money , for this reason I only stock the bigger pads (FCP565H) in any compound DS2500, 3000, DS1.11 etc

They do need filing on the backing plate end tabbs/ears, to ensure they are not wedged in to tight and have room to expand when hot. Nothing drastic, 1mm of vertical play/movement when cold should do it

Hope this helps!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You using them on track mate, looks like craner curves from your avatar

I don't stock them , as they don't add anything to my range of pads I keep in

2003 Clio 172
Yep :tonguewink:

IMO if planning on doing the odd track day you may aswel spend a little bit more money and go for the DS2500. They work well from cold, the dust is easily cleaned off (decent wheel sealant helps) and aren't too noisy (when fitted/bedded in correctly) ime

The DS performance range and the Brembo Sport pads are decent pads, but for the little price difference you may aswel lean towards the DS2500 if you know will you be going on track

Like you say, they list two pads for these cars. One has more surface area and is slightly thicker so better value for money , for this reason I only stock the bigger pads (FCP565H) in any compound DS2500, 3000, DS1.11 etc

They do need filing on the backing plate end tabbs/ears, to ensure they are not wedged in to tight and have room to expand when hot. Nothing drastic, 1mm of vertical play/movement when cold should do it

Hope this helps!

Thank you and you can expect a PM in a not too distant future. ;)