ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few issues since decat

clio 172 cup
any help wud be great basically decatted my car couple of days ago i seem to keep getting the odd bit of blue smoke and smells proper rich?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
any help wud be great basically decatted my car couple of days ago i seem to keep getting the odd bit of blue smoke and smells proper rich?

Do you know what a cat does...!?

Blue smoke - if it is actually blue, means burning oil, which is not good. Are you seeing it in your mirror or has someone pointed it out ?

clio 172 cup
yeh im aware of wat a cat does but does smell really really rich lol! and i can sumtimes see a blue haze now and agen in my mirror wen im at a junction etc

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It will. Get used to it !

Blue smoke - get a mate to follow you for a couple of miles and ask them if you're seeing things or if you have a problem.

RB 182
Bit of black smoke when hoofing it is normal is decatted, every car ive put a decat has smelled rich but it shouldnt be puffing out blue smoke

clio 172 cup
just odd bit now and agen tbh mate a friend seems to think coz its second hand could be burning s**t wats in decat pipe?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Could be leaky piston ring allowing oil into the cylinder causing it to burn during the combustion cycle or maybe a dodgy valve. Blue smoke normally means burning oil tho.