ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few New Products....Should I

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I have looking at expanding some of my cleaning products I currently use a lot of meguires products, but was going to make a purchase on clean your car for the following things, I admit I don't really know that much when it comes to detailing so any help would be appreciated, I have access to a DA polisher, but I think I will still apply most by hand.

Wash Mitt: Eurow Sheepskin http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/eurow-sheepskin-wash-mitt/prod_452.html
Shampoo: Chemical Guys Maxi Suds 2 http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washi...poos/chemical-guys-maxi-suds-ii/prod_165.html
Clay: I currently have a meguires clay kit which seems to do the job
Pre Wax Cleaner: DoDo Juice Lime Prime http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-lime-prime/prod_441.html
Polish: Not really sure on this, I have always used AG SRP/Meguires Scratch X, so not really sure on this step
Glazes: Chemical Guys Black Hole/White Diamond http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-black-hole/prod_494.html
Sealant: DoDo Juice Red Mist http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-red-mist-tropical-500ml/prod_541.html
Wax: DoDo Juice Orange Crush, as one of my cars is orange, or could I get away with using what I use on the 182 purple haze.

Any help and advice on these products would be really appreciated, total cost is about £70, also I want to use the products on my BlackGold 182 & Bright Orange Tamora, are the products as colour specific as they say e.g. black hole/white diamond, and the wax normally gone for purple haze but would orange crush give a better look.

GTD, Lupo
I have a pot of Orange crush and i loved using it on my old red Golf, really nice and easy to you and it smells amazing. Not very keen on the maxi suds (is that the pink one?).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the colour charding in DJ waxes are very minimal, and only really noticeable on white / silver cars with multiple layers so can be used on any colour really.

I personally would leave red mist and either get a proper spray sealant like tough coat, or stick to a normal QD, especially if you are waxing the cars.

Lime prime has a little cut to it, a little more than SRP IMO so you could just stick to that. It also fills a little but leaves a nice finish for your DJ wax. If you are thinking of using a spray sealant before waxing then maybe think about using a different pre wax cleanser to lime prime as you may find compatability issues affecting durability

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
the colour charding in DJ waxes are very minimal, and only really noticeable on white / silver cars with multiple layers so can be used on any colour really.

I personally would leave red mist and either get a proper spray sealant like tough coat, or stick to a normal QD, especially if you are waxing the cars.

Lime prime has a little cut to it, a little more than SRP IMO so you could just stick to that. It also fills a little but leaves a nice finish for your DJ wax. If you are thinking of using a spray sealant before waxing then maybe think about using a different pre wax cleanser to lime prime as you may find compatability issues affecting durability

I do have meguires ultimate quick detailer, would this be sufficient, what would be a better product to use, I went for these products purely based on the review they get, didn't really think of any compatibility issues

Golf GT & A4 Avant
depends what you want and expect from it, you put it on your list as a sealant, above a wax leading me to think you might put a sealant on before waxing? Redmist would be used more for top ups if the wax is starting to drop off, but I would personally re wax. a standard QD would be used just to bring to gloss back after washing. Tough coat is a proper sealant that can be used on its own without waxing, or you can lay a wax over the top once it's cured. If you already have a QD then stay with it until it runs out.

I did notice you don't have any tar or iron removers? might be worth a go as they certainly help out when it comes to claying at it removes a lot of rubbish on there own.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stick with Purple haze mate and forget the RM, Z8 is much much better although it has less sealant properties. If you want a spray sealant buy Werkstat Acrylic Jett from Polished Bliss. The orange would explode with colour espcially if it's pearl/metallic.

Shampoo: Born to be Mild or Gtechniq Gwash imo, I used to use Maxi but left it behind years ago.

Polish: Is it to be used by machine?

Cleanser, stick wtih AutoFinesse rejuvenate mate, little bit of filling and it'll put so much crap from the paint, can also be used by machine. :)

Glaze: Prima Amigo. If from cyc. EZ creme and blackhole are very good but Amigo tops the bill or Britemax blackmax from I4D. :)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
I have no idea when it comes to tar/iron removers, I do have AG intensive tar remover, but I only use that to get rid of sticky label residue.

With regards to a machine, I can borrow a friends one, but he doesn't live close so a hand polish would be better, can the prima amigo be used by hand?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have no idea when it comes to tar/iron removers, I do have AG intensive tar remover, but I only use that to get rid of sticky label residue.

With regards to a machine, I can borrow a friends one, but he doesn't live close so a hand polish would be better, can the prima amigo be used by hand?

Prima is fine by hand mate, will look fab especially over rejuvenate by hand. :)

Megane R26
Look at CQuartz ReLoad as a spray sealant too - it betters Z8 IMO

Otherwise, sterling advice above! :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Reload is more like C2 though. Z8 is a show finish not really a sealant as such imo. I'd trust it for a week.