ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my LY R26 :)

An orange one
Owned it for 7 months now, and in that time, ive fitted a forge FMIC with K&N panel filter, its been stage 2'd by RStuning in leeds so it flies along nicely now..the torque is great!!

Also just last week I fitted my k-tec exhaust system, which is brilliant! quite loud lol... so anyways, heres some pics and a cheeky video! :D

newcameram3pics001-9.jpg

newcameram3pics002-9.jpg

newcameram3pics007-3.jpg

newcameram3pics002-10.jpg

newcameram3pics003-9.jpg

the graph!

newcameram3pics021.jpg

and the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSktJpqw3Ow

I plan to keep it till late this year and possibly come back to another clio v6..which will be my 3rd one :D

An orange one
yeah it was quite low figures, but the on road power tells the real story, the in gear torque is the main gain, stage 1 wont get much over 280lb/ft..

you can see at 6500rpm its making 60bhp more than standard :)

Snotter's
True i guess its more the torque than bhp, my brothers stage one made 256 at rs tuning. How does it compare with the leon in the background?

Italian 3.2 V6
Absolutly Love it! Ain't seen you about Carlisle yet though.

Get youself to the Cumbria meet colin ;) !

Could maby meet up for some LY pics If u fancy it some time?

PSJ.

An orange one
whens this cumbria meet happening then?! sounds good to me! :)

not sure on the insurance group, all i know is...its hundreds of pounds less than the 2 clio v6's and the M3 that came before it lol :)

An orange one
True i guess its more the torque than bhp, my brothers stage one made 256 at rs tuning. How does it compare with the leon in the background?

RS tuning have just brought out their hybrid turbo stage 3 kit, their own demo R26.R is on this and running 320bhp and 360lb/ft lol..thats crazy torque :)

not really compared it to my sisters leon, its just her derv workhorse, 140bhp model...good car...but...wrong fuel hehe

An orange one
bmh, ive looked at your vids on youtube so many times while deciding on exhausts, i love the milltek sound, just cant live with the oval tips... one thing i will say though is, the k-tec isnt shy... its bordering on boomy at times...but it does pop and crack like a real'un :D

S2 106 GTI
nice one col! we'll have to catch up its been tooooo long!!

if your at the cumbria meet which hopefully i'll be making I'll see you there

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
LY V6 look's better ;);)

But seriously Colin, tasty motor mate.

whens this cumbria meet happening then?! sounds good to me! :)

There is a wee vee lakes meet on the 10th April, im sure we could sneak you in pal.

An orange one
when is this cumbria mate richard?! quite fancy it actually!

hey hey mossy!! im bloody working that weekend...typical!!! gutted would love to catch up with the old crew! ive been eyeing up that mars red 255 vee thats appeared on pistonheads....

Italian 3.2 V6
yea mate link above (thanks jamie)

just let me know if you can make it. could be 225 coming along aswell.

PSJ.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
hey hey mossy!! im bloody working that weekend...typical!!! gutted would love to catch up with the old crew! ive been eyeing up that mars red 255 vee thats appeared on pistonheads....

Shame mate :( yeah that mars v is nice and a good price too boot!!

An orange one
typical, the lakes meet and the cumbria meet are the same weekend!..which is my weekend on! arrghhh, everything always lands on when im working (work every other weekend) :(

mossy, is the owner of that red one on v6clio? i need another vee in my life like...ive even considered keeping the meg and getting another mk1...but to be honest after having a mk2 i think it would be a step back again,

Z4
lovely mate.

How does it compare to your previous cars? I'm wanting a fun car, currently driving a 280bhp tt and it doesn't tickle my nuts lol.

I was considering r26, vee, and e46 m3 so if you could let me know that'd be perfect :)

An orange one
Hi chris, i also had a TT quattro sport before my M3, it was mapped up to 270ish and exhaust etc and lowered on coilies...was a great car, would have one again anyday of the week, the fixed recaro's were the bizzo...so good infact I had them fitted into my v6 as well

but the R26 is more fun outright than the TT...it feels much more agile and you get the fight from the LSD to keep you on your toes,

I did love my e46 m3...mine was an 05/05 convertible but believe you me, the running costs are MASSIVE! glad to say ive owned one..but wouldnt rush back to any BMW personally..

Over all these cars...its another vee i want more than anything..but the previous 2 ive had have been daily drivers, dont want to get back into that...want to keep it as a summer toy and pamper the hell out of it all winter..

Snotter's
ha your car past is pretty much the same as my bro's quattro sport 240 in silver, e46 m3 coupe in carbon black then r26 in black.

An orange one
ive read of a few owners of M3's who have come to the meganes, strange really because they are totally chalk and cheese in terms of driving experiences (and build quality lol)

Z4
Hi chris, i also had a TT quattro sport before my M3, it was mapped up to 270ish and exhaust etc and lowered on coilies...was a great car, would have one again anyday of the week, the fixed recaro's were the bizzo...so good infact I had them fitted into my v6 as well

but the R26 is more fun outright than the TT...it feels much more agile and you get the fight from the LSD to keep you on your toes,

I did love my e46 m3...mine was an 05/05 convertible but believe you me, the running costs are MASSIVE! glad to say ive owned one..but wouldnt rush back to any BMW personally..

Over all these cars...its another vee i want more than anything..but the previous 2 ive had have been daily drivers, dont want to get back into that...want to keep it as a summer toy and pamper the hell out of it all winter..

What an awesome history of cars!
I'll be chopping the tt in soon, I just find the steering poor and the engine note boring...

The more I think about an M3 the more I go off it, they're quick, but not quick enough to justify the running costs! It's only an evening/weekend toy, but still..
If I were to get an r26 it would have to ly like yours, mint.

The only thing about the clio v6 is they're very rare! Hard to find a good example. I may get a focus rs (mk1), they seem to tick most of the box's.

Cheers for your mini review mate!

An orange one
Your M3 was the best. Marmite colour combo, but I loved it.

Hi sweetpea ;) im disappointed you always wanted my vee... :(

know what you mean chris p about finding a good vee nowadays, its only the mega expensive ones and the LY ones that seem to be pampered..most of the illiad blues etc are just daily drivers and seem a bit tatty :(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love an M3. RWD, power, luxury - it has everything but the running costs are too frightening.

As for the Megane, I find them really appealing. As much as I love the Clio it's quite limited performance wise unless you want to spend megger bucks. However the Megane has quite a bit of "cheap" potential being turbo. The limitations of the Clio is what steers me away somewhat, I'd love to be able to have a car which can be modified cheaply for bigger gains. Saying this the Trophy does handle better than I expect the Megane could? Or maybe more fun in that sense? I don't know really, suppose it's swings and roundabouts.

May give one a go at somepoint in the future.

An orange one
well i took my mum and dads clio 200 out for a blast today, and apart from feeling massively....ermm...slow after my megane, it was more fun overall, i guess its the old evo saying, that driving a slower car at 10/10ths is more fun than having power and having to keep backing off cause of fear for your license...

also..revving to 7800rpm was massively addictive....the gearbox oh my god...brilliant!!!

ive found myself speccing one up in my head already lol..only thing is...in general A to B driving..overtaking etc...the megane would eat it alive with its 302lb/ft torque at 3500rpm...

Italian 3.2 V6
^ iv herd that the Megane RS's handle better than Clio RS's.. better all round.

V6 FTW! i want one after the 182!

PSJ.