ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Problems...

Audi S3 Saloon
Hi guys and gals,

Took my 04 182 to a stealers today to get the bonnet catch replaced.

They performed a '25 point safety check' and came up with a few things which will be fails on the MOT (due in August)

Just wanted an idea of how soon I need them doing and roughly how much it will cost? (Will prob take to Birchdown to get it done.)

Exact wording:

- Slight play in N/S Co-Axial/Driveshaft gator leaking
- Rear Exhaust Mounts Collapsed

Cheers. :star:

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
My 54 plate 182 is getting its bonnet catch replaced at Renault tomorrow, i found out it has never been changed before!
Did they charge you for the safety inspection work or offer it for free?

Chris.

Audi S3 Saloon
Free mate, part of the service...just a way for them to try and get money out of you!

They offer to wash it too, but heard bad stories of scratching the paintwork, so said no!

My cars in for 1 hour (while you wait) for the bonnet catch, will see if they can give it a safety check just to see if there are any problems that i dont already know about! I already have a to do list and the mot aint due till November.

Chris.

Lovely new bonnet catch now fitted under warranty.
The safety check called up the front/ rear brake pads + discs which i know about, also both rear silencer mounts are split!
Found this a bit strange as i fitted a K-Tec sports exhaust with all mounts myself last October, i will have to have a look at them as they should last more than 7 months!

Chris.

Audi S3 Saloon
Cheers Beef-Mc, good to hear the exhaust mounts are a cheap job. Anyone know about the other one listed?

In a fair world Renault should replace the EM for you as they are crap. Standard ones will always sag.

Drive shaft could by a multitude of things, but more than likely the clip that secures the CV boot has come loose - do you have any dark grease appearing in the arch/inside of the wheel? If the boot has come off the boys at Birchdown will repack & re-secure if for you without problem as long as its not damaged.

I put my last Clio in for the bonnet catch, bearing in mind I had just got the MOT done at an independant garage and they came back with a list of things wrong with the car that it should of failed its MOT on

Bulls**t in other words