ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Q on 182 Buying

M2 / Golf GTI
Right looking to buy a 182 within the next couple weeks. Have a few questions to start with..

Will I have any problems with my height, being 6ft 3 I don't want to be cramped up loads etc.

Next another size Q, I have size 11 feet so will I have problems with pedals like in the saxos etc.

Can't decide if I want a cup or full fat, I don't really have much commute to work only live like 5 minutes walk from it, so its really only going to be used for pleasure driving on some classy A roads, however I do like some comforts.

Oh. Wanting to keep to a budget under £7,500 should be able to pick something decent up right?

Thanks for any help.

Jack.

Porsche Boxster987S
cup = hardcore

ff = luxury and wider choice of clio but more expensive the majority of the time.

i wouldnt say your height or feet would cause problems tbh lol

M2 / Golf GTI
I don't have a VTR/VTS just from what I heard thats all.

Currently own this...but its just a tad lifeless in the engine department!

blurred.jpg

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Cup has no real benefit over FF in the 182. It's no quicker as it's not really any lighter. And often, they're priced the same 2nd hand. If I were you I'd be looking for a 182 FF with Cup Packs - or at least the suspension, then you have the handling of the Cup with the extra toys and decent seats/dash as well. Just IMHO of course. You'll be able to get an immaculate 182 with Cup Packs for £7.5k - trader or private.

To be honest, you're very, very close to Trophy money there - which is the pinnacle of the 182. They have Recaros, special paint, number plaque (ltd edition - only 500 made), Anthracite Turini wheels, special Trophy decals and of course Sachs remote resevoir suspension. Someone will arrive in a minute to tell you how expensive it is to replace - but then no one can ever actually recall an instance where someone needed to have theirs replaced heh! If it were me, that would be what I'd do, spend £500 more and get a good Trophy.

Dan

Mini Cooper S sport
You'll get a good one for under £7500. I sold mine a week ago for the price range you're looking at, just for a guide it was a full-fat racing blue 182 in great condition with only 23k miles on the clock - 54 plate (Dec 04) and both cup packs.

You could easily get a low mileage 05 though. Shop around! There are plenty for sale on Pistonheads, here and the trader.

I'd advise you to get FF with both cup packs, better for resale. Trophy is a good call. Liquid Yellow is very sought after and racing blue is popular too. There are plenty of black/silver/arctic blue ones about.

182 Cup is pish, so ignore that.

You'll fit fine.

You'll get a decent 182 for that or maybe a Trophy if you shop around.

Just depends if you want red and a tractor style ride height or a 182 in a good colour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As said. Avoid the 182 Cup, as it's got no real benefits over the FF 182.

If i had your choice, i'd go for a late 172 Cup (the proper Cup) and use the money left over on a few mods. Namely buckets, a few breathing mods, coilovers etc.

200sx s14a
i know the guy selling it and he wants around 7k but he is willing to take as low as £6200 which i think is a very good price considering its condition just struggling to sell because no1 seems to be buying at the min

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Assuming it is in exceptional condition, offer him £6000 for cash would be my call ;) The front splitter is missing and that's £120 or so to replace, and it needs a smart repair on the front bumper - £60 or so from Chips Away. Also he shows a hideous lack of taste with chequer plate mats heh ;)

With the Mileage and age I would've thought Chris' guess of £7k max was a bit too much?

Dan

200sx s14a
i dont think he would go for that really i think he would get around 6.5 for it if he was prepared to eait but he needs to sell it quite desperate thats why he will accept 6200 for it i guess been in it and its a hell of lot of car for that money and the scratches aint that bad in the flesh suppose it depends on if you want excellent condition for 7-7.5 or good condition for 6.2 i know which i would choose

Will I have any problems with my height, being 6ft 3 I don't want to be cramped up loads etc.

Next another size Q, I have size 11 feet so will I have problems with pedals like in the saxos etc.

Can't decide if I want a cup or full fat, I don't really have much commute to work only live like 5 minutes walk from it, so its really only going to be used for pleasure driving on some classy A roads, however I do like some comforts.
I'd go for a full fat versio there easier to resale.

Height wise your never going to be great I'm 6 6 and its not great,.

As for feet depends its not a huge issue the cars one of the best cars for people with big feet in the market realy. I'm a size 16 ish and its fine.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
i dont think he would go for that really i think he would get around 6.5 for it if he was prepared to eait but he needs to sell it quite desperate thats why he will accept 6200 for it i guess been in it and its a hell of lot of car for that money and the scratches aint that bad in the flesh suppose it depends on if you want excellent condition for 7-7.5 or good condition for 6.2 i know which i would choose

Well yea, but there are a quite a few people on here that have been struggling to shift absolute minters for less than £7k, the market is full of them at the moment and no one seems to want to buy :( But I was more giving the buyer a little haggling advise heh - £6.2k would be a good buy for sure, but it's always better to spend less isn't it hehe :)

106 GTi
At your height you will be ok leg room wise, the seating position in the 182 is shite anyway.

M2 / Golf GTI
My names JAWS because my initials are JAW :p

Thanks for all the advice I will keep shopping around. Seen a nice cup i like with recaro's in racing blue but its CAT D would that be big problems on a renault?

Also I seen a few nice trophys but its all about if I want a nice low miles 182 in LY or RB for 7k or a high miler trophy for £7500.

Perfect option would be racing blue with recaros but theres not too many with the option on and they seem to be demanding mega bucks!

200sx s14a
yeh thee wernt that many with factory recaros so they demand a premium a do ly's. amazing how much the prices vary just because of the colour but if you want to stand owt its what you have to pay, i would get a trophy but for your money it may have a higher milage and also the coilovers are a worry as most are out of warranty and they seem to go round then ( im going to get flamed now). if i was you i would get a low mile racing blue with both cup packs in ecellnt condition and spend your change on a nice stainlesss system and a few other bits.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If anyone can provide a link to anyone having had ANY problem with the Sachs dampers on the Trophy - please do post it? You say 'they seem to go around then' (and refer to them as coilovers?) but I read this forum almost every day, there are a lot of Trophys on here, and a lot of people with a lot of Trophy knowledge and I haven't seen or heard of a single case of someone getting a massive bill for the dampers. Or even someone having to make a warranty claim on them.

I'm not flaming you here Bainsey, I'm just interested to hear your experiences with the Trophy dampers.

I have a LY R27 - so I'm totally bias when I say personally I'd be looking for a Cup Packed LY 182 :) I was just throwing the Trophy in as an option.

Dan