ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few small changes

182kev

Never updated car/pics for a while so here it is

A bit of middo magic on my bullets and added a plate.

As always i used motorcycle lettered font for the plates with legal spacing to rear plate but spaced as i prefer to front ;)

004.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

005-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

comments welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 & RSi
Oh and another thing, is the writing on the side badges in silver or anthra. Can't tell from here, any close up pics?

182kev

I made the plates as i manage a motor accessory shop,the font is motorcycle letters and have used them on every car in the past 10 years with no problems at all,the lettering is silver

cheers for the comments,cup splitter will be added after xmas as my front bumper needs stone chips touched up first and having 3 kids and wife takes care of the money until after xmas

182kev

You should get down to Birchdown, they'll love you there :)

??

nice. could do with some new exhaust mounts though

Exhaust is only a few months old and both rear mounts were replaced at the same time also both are genuine renault mounts,the only way to heighten the exhaust would be to shorten the hangers which with the age of the exhaust i dont want to start cutting and welding :nono:

182kev

No real plans until after xmas apart from a splitter,after jam eaters have spent all my money,belts,remap,coilovers then see what else happens unsure for now

Regarding cleaning it was waxed using autoglym HD wax about 3 weeks ago then extra gloss protected last week but it gets washed once a week and dryed off using aqua wax as a little extra protection

cheers for the comments

Clio 182 Mondeo Ghia Est
Car looks damn clean, reminds me of the good old days when I 1st got mine. What will make it look better (in my opinion) is some chrome number plate surrounds. Fitted them on mine (black-gold as well, just had my GSXR-750K7 sprayed the same and it looks the dogs, like the John Player Special of the old days). I've also changed the rear lights for LED ones and also a great improvement. Now looking to fit the Scorpion 192 Exhaust to go with the re-map and Viper. I'll send a couple of piccies if you give me an email address.

182kev

Its been a while since I updated this and its only a slight update but thats life :lol:

Over the past few weeks I've had both belts replaced through Renault,well a Renault mechanic ;) also Treat her to four new tyres and dropped her 40mm on Apex springs

Only a few night pics for now (not the best either) as never had a decent day to take any :roll:

011.gif

012.jpg

021.gif

Porsche Boxster987S
i like the height of that. i just couldnt part with the money for apex springs after hearing the comments on here. Are they as bad as they all make out?

182kev

Compared to cup pack springs they are stiffer but tbh i wouldnt say loads :S my car is used daily for work and used on various road surfaces and i love them tbh :rasp:

Less body roll and a perfect drop what more could you want for £103 delivered :cool:

As for comments on here everyone has personal taste and preference,over the years I've had a fair few cars on both springs and coils and tbh there isnt much difference in stiffness :quiet:

Porsche Boxster987S
Compared to cup pack springs they are stiffer but tbh i wouldnt say loads :S my car is used daily for work and used on various road surfaces and i love them tbh :rasp:

Less body roll and a perfect drop what more could you want for £103 delivered :cool:

As for comments on here everyone has personal taste and preference,over the years I've had a fair few cars on both springs and coils and tbh there isnt much difference in stiffness :quiet:

handling wise though?? better through corners at speed or what?

182kev

It hasnt been abused on b roads lately but so far its fine mate,i can reply to you in a couple of weeks and give you a better idea if you like mate

Porsche Boxster987S
It hasnt been abused on b roads lately but so far its fine mate,i can reply to you in a couple of weeks and give you a better idea if you like mate

i was just curious mate. ive got the sportlines on mine now n the handling is much better.

182kev

no probs mate,I looked into sportlines but wasnt happy with the drop,but you cant have everything lol