ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FFS!!!!

Partner's Astra SRi
Someone bloody drove into the side of me this morning!!! AAAARGH!!!! I'm so pi$$ed off!

I was driving to work on my normal route through Abingdon town centre. It's a one way system with two lanes. One lane goes round to the right to North Abingdon and the lane I was in goes through towards the A34. This guy in this bloody Ford Galaxy decided he was in the wrong lane and just moved into my lane without looking or indicating! Luckily I managed to check my left mirror and swerve so he didn't go into me as much as he could've done.

He admitted to me that he hadn't looked in his mirror and that it was completely his fault. Gave me his details there and then and said he'd email me his insurance details. It's not too bad, bit of scratched paintwork and a small dent. But I'm still pi$$ed off about it though!

A4 Avant
Gutted to hear! Doesn't sound like to much damage.

I wouldn't have left the scene without his insurance details. If he didn't have them i'd call the police. I'd be worried that he's given you false details or going to dispute it.

I've had 5 friends had this happen to them recently.

Partner's Astra SRi
I wouldn't have left the scene without his insurance details. If he didn't have them i'd call the police. I'd be worried that he's given you false details or going to dispute it.

I've just got his email through now. How can I check if the details are genuine?

I've never had to take people's details before, I got his name, address, email address, telephone numbers (work and home) and his mobile number at the side of the road.

Elise S1 B&C 140
Phone your insurance and log the accident with them - give them the details he supplied yu and they will do all the work. State he admitted fault at the scene. If the details are false they will find out for you soon enough.

Hope you get it sorted

A4 Avant
I must admit (touch wood) I'm yet to have an accident so have no idea what your supposed to ask for. Even if you don't have to give your insurance details i'd try not to leave the scene without them.

I don't know how you can verify his details, presume you just need to hope he's a decent guy.

Partner's Astra SRi
Ok, just phoned Direct Line. I'm sure he did give me the correct details, he seemed genuinely sorry about what he'd done

Lux'd Glacier White R26
This nealy happened to me on the weekend, driving on the motorway, cruising at 60 mph, POLICE van in the outside lane just started moving into my lane, and we were practically neck and neck, braked heavily, and got my horn, he soon swerved back in to the outside lane. Idiot.

Tys.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Sorry to hear :( i was guttered when my lotus was hit up the rear back in Jan!! main thing is your ok :approve: if hes admitted its his fault shoudnt be any problems!! just make sure the garage do a good job and your happy! :)

Partner's Astra SRi
TeZ, yeah sorry bout that, lol! Haven't seen you much this week. Saw you once as I was going round the roundabout by B&Q.

I'm so glad it wasn't worse than it was. I've been so careful and it's always been other people who have dfone things to my car. Was in a multi-storey in Oxford not long ago and this woman just stopped dead infront of me and then reversed right up my front bumper. Why can't people look in their bloody mirrors. It's what they're for!!!

ph quick
Dont get upset about it, a cars just a tool for getting you about, he's insured so its will all be alright, i only get really upset if i dont have a car at all :)

Last edited: