ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FFS

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers scott. Thats what I have been saying it wasnt the mechanics fault, end of the day s**t happens. Its just this is a very expensive s**t. Might also look at getting a chrome manifold. But all depends.

Exhaust manifold???? If so dont bother the Renault ones are the best so save your money and spend it else where.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Does your guy have the correct locking tools for the cams, crank and pullies?

He will need them when doing the belt and NOT tipex!!!!

FF Black 182
Had a phone call off the garage. The cam belt had previsouly been changed like I was told but not correctly. So its bent all 16 valves and caused some other damage to the pully system I think he said so all in all not good......:cry:

clio diesel
I have had my clio for 4 weeks, when i bought it, it ran sound the seller told me the belts had been changed at 71k with it now having 77k on..........rite do i thought.
The 182 went in for one of the power steering pipe replacing last week, £180 for the pipe direct from Renault. finally got the phone call today saying it was fixed and ready to pick up........nice one.
5 mins later I get another phone call that on the test drive the cam belt has snapped.
What problems can this cause..........?
I'm fcuking fuming.

Any damage uncured while the car was in the possession of the garage will require them to fix such damage.

Clio 197
^ That link mentions the word 'reasonable' on more than one occasion under Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. I think it would be highly unlikely to argue in a court of law that what happened was unreasonable - as already said it could have happened at any time, with anyone driving - it wasn't the garages fault. If however they had replaced the cambelt and then smashed the valves together then that's a completely different issue.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Any normal garage would tell you to get fucked if you even suggested they should repair your car that has been neglected of a cambelt schedule that was in for a non-related issue.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Had a phone call off the garage. The cam belt had previsouly been changed like I was told but not correctly. So its bent all 16 valves and caused some other damage to the pully system I think he said so all in all not good......:cry:

How do they know it wasn't done correctly? Surely with that much devastation it's hard to know if it was done right or not?

J>B

mk5 fiesta zetec s
Surely had the cambelt not been fitted correctly the car would not have run correctly or lasted 6k miles?

FF Black 182
Hows it going ? Fingers crossed you have a bit more luck! Did they put a engine in or rebuild the bits ?
Top end re build. The whole cylinder head is brand new all new belts new water pump new belt tensioner new crank oil seal, valves, cam shafts everything. Yeah its running well doesnt seem lumpy like before. Got to take it steady for 500 miles to bed it In and the garage wonts the car back after 1000miles to check everything is ok.

Top end re build. The whole cylinder head is brand new all new belts new water pump new belt tensioner new crank oil seal, valves, cam shafts everything. Yeah its running well doesnt seem lumpy like before. Got to take it steady for 500 miles to bed it In and the garage wonts the car back after 1000miles to check everything is ok.

Well least thats something mate ! they seam to be on the ball with it now ! glad its sorted for you !