ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiat Panda 100HP Project

Following on from my picking up my new wheels earlier this week my son and I have been a little bit busy making it look a little bit different.

This was how it looked on Wednesday evening:

6945334184_448377ff55_b.jpg

Day One

Team Heko Wind Deflectors fitted:
6957137794_199082b441_b.jpg

Stubby Carbon Fibre Aerial:
7103223865_9551aab9bc_b.jpg

Day 2

The obligatory Silvervisions all round:

6957159836_96946b9352_b.jpg

Small Abarth badges on door posts:
6957140128_6d83da3c60_b.jpg

Day 3

Abarth badges to replace the Fiat ones:
6957135200_e0e4144d0a_b.jpg

6957144868_c5f3d4e475_b.jpg

Day 4 (Today)

Brake Calipers painted and stickered

7103180717_4192104818_b.jpg

Wheels painted:
7103190359_12a2688384_b.jpg

100HP badge carbon insert:
7103213063_400c7650ec_b.jpg

So after 4 days of ownership the Panda now looks like tghis:
7103193229_60f1b71bf0_b.jpg

7103202773_b12e952b13_b.jpg

7103218263_0353bd3ff3_b.jpg

Waits for comments on Fiat never did an Abarth version of the Panda but I already knew that just thought that this was the right look for my car.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks awesome Pete, really like it. Cant wait for next weekend I feel a European road trip-esque photo diary coming on about our trip to Castle Combe !

An orange one
Cool, but cooler on the original silver rims..

The black wheels give it that "nothing there" illusion

Italian 3.2 V6
These cars are so cool! and so cheap! I love em! Really does need a slight drop though.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Looks cool...but you have your days messed up ;) you painted the wheels on day 4 (or so write-up seems) but they were on in the pic for day one ;)

Cheers for all the comments. My son says that it's a joy to work on compared to the Clio. The stubby aerial was an ebay special. The wheels were a home job but my son was a paint sprayer once.

I believe everyone's entitled to their opinion and we all make choices based on experience. I chose the car after driving it and having to go beyond the initial looks. The car is a grower on me and gives me a grin whenever I pull away from the traffic lights and people going wtf? It corners like it's on rails and weighs nothing. Reminds me a lot of the original Mini Cooper I had in the 70s.

The lowering springs and shocks have been ordered which should drop it by about 25 mm.

Well spotted Banderson the photo was taken today, just wanted to show what the first mod was.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks really good, great progress and mods you've done there! I've said it before and I'll say it again, what epic, fun little cars these are. I truly miss mine, like no other car I've had!!

Never above 25mpg
Shame you had to get rid of the R27 Pete but needs must!! Never been a huge fan of these but I'll be eager to have my mind changed when I do see it! :D

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
So if this is what happens after 4 days, what will be done in 4 weeks/months!? Anything else planned or is it a secret? 'clean' plates are a must, I assume private plate eventually

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clean plates, silver wheels and that would be very nice. Black wheels are a bit too try hard for me.

I love them though. Absolutely love them. I so wish I could pursuade my wife to have one.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great work Pete, glad you're enjoying it mate.

What springs have you gone for?

Mini Cooper S
A Fiat tech that lives round the corner to me, he used to work on a Punto of ours at home..
He's got one of these with a 500 Abarth exhaust on it. Looks smart....not sure if he's put the 1.4T engine it too. I'm sure that would be fun!

Is it a grey one? I may have seen that on Fiatforum. I personally think it doesnt suit the Abarth exhaust, it's a bit of a poor fit too from what I've seen.

Ah he has probably done a better job then :) I don't like the standard 500 exhaust anyway because of the stupid ring things inside it. You can get a Ragazzon dual-exit exhaust that looks (and sounds) much better for the Panda.

Standard with straight-through centre section ftw :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Some light speed progress there! Looking awesome, I'm not a fan of the door badges though.

Might have to do similar to my calipers as those look great!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love these! Almost got one of these instead of the 182.

Straight through centre section off one of the Fiat sites for about £90, takes like 20 minutes to fit and sounds epic like the above video.

Seat Leon Mk2
Hi, I realy like these and been thinking about one for some time. I allways think of myself as the oldest boy-racer being 63 but i think its time to change to something more comfy. Can I ask where you got the front/rear Abarth badges from? I thing you have done a great job and look foreward to seeing it with ride dropped.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Awesome little cars, I went through a stage a couple of months ago of really wanting one of these, and actually went to see an identical white one like that! Was inches away from trading in the TCE for it!

Hi, I realy like these and been thinking about one for some time. I allways think of myself as the oldest boy-racer being 63 but i think its time to change to something more comfy. Can I ask where you got the front/rear Abarth badges from? I thing you have done a great job and look foreward to seeing it with ride dropped.

I got the Abarth Grille and bootlid badge from a trader on Ebay and they are originally meant for a Grande Punto. The rear one was a straight forward swop but the front one was a bit harder and we had to put some washers in as it was loose in the holes for the lugs on the badge. It's nice to hear from a fellow older boy racer and it is certainly a lot easier getting in and out of than the 197. The wife actually wants to go out in it as she doesn't hurt herself on the bolsters of the old Recaros.