ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fibre Glass Bonnet advice

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,

I have a fibre glass bonnet and while on track the centre of the bonnet pops up and i get blacked flag as they think the bonnet is unsecured which i can see why so i just duct tape the bonnet down and thats fine but i wanted something more professional, I have aero catches and the pins are set to the lowest setting.
I was just wondering what everyone else uses to hold the centre down pictures would be great :)

I am thinking about these

KOhFW1a%TaeHNRZW4SiDZA.jpg

Many Thanks
Ben

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'd try and reinforce the leading edge of the bonnet to try and prevent some of the flex. Could you bond an L-section strip into the underside?

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hi all,

I have a fibre glass bonnet and while on track the centre of the bonnet pops up and i get blacked flag as they think the bonnet is unsecured which i can see why so i just duct tape the bonnet down and thats fine but i wanted something more professional, I have aero catches and the pins are set to the lowest setting.
I was just wondering what everyone else uses to hold the centre down pictures would be great :)

I am thinking about these

View attachment 1429959

Many Thanks
Ben

I’ve seen people use these on the front edge.

JDM Bumper Quick Release Fastener... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MRNOXAJ/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Clio 220 PH2
I'd try and reinforce the leading edge of the bonnet to try and prevent some of the flex. Could you bond an L-section strip into the underside?
Ok mate cheers i have thought about reinforcing it i did think about expanding foam as its light and relatively stiff but not sure whether it will work or not

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Cheers mate i have looked at these i am just worried the bands may snap or them not hold the bonnet down

I’ve had them holding my bumper up for quite sometime now. They haven’t snapped once, so I’d doubt they snap holding your bonnet.
BA2A3E62-BA59-498E-A7C4-B12C8D00B3F9.jpeg

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
What make is it? I’ve had no issues with mine from CM Composites.

I’ve seen people use an additional single round pin push catch before mounted in the middle before. Looks neat and tidy

Clio 220 PH2
What make is it? I’ve had no issues with mine from CM Composites.

I’ve seen people use an additional single round pin push catch before mounted in the middle before. Looks neat and tidy
Its from pure motorsport when they used do the fb panels.

I will have a look at them as a potential option, i am not sure whether to go for them springs just not sure which route to go. I think the fitment on the cm stuff is really good my doors are from cm

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
As a few have said I added a push clip to the centre. Been absolutely fine since.
24EBF3C9-8BB0-420B-BC2B-5007574F7CD3.jpeg
18D42AB1-3B3D-48AB-A818-742075982F3E.jpeg

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Looks nice mate i like the work on the bracket mate it looks very pro. I guess you got a CM bonnet judging by the sticker lol that sits much better than mine, mine sits further back

Yeah it’s a cm bonnet and can’t complain about the fit at all. Bracket only took 10 mins to knock up out of a bit of Ali, and then screwed to the bumper with those two button heads you can see. I also added a small square plate on the back of the button to try and spread the load. But I don’t have a picture of that to hand.