ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST MK8

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Ford have just announced a limited-run Fiesta ST Ford Performance Edition. Only 600 being made, come with Ford Performance Parts wheels and coilovers, as well as Deep Orange paint.

They're based on a three-door ST3 Performance Pack. Not so into the colour, but the wheels look good. Those on a Silver Fox or Performance Blue one would look epic.

Fiesta ST Ford Performance Edition limited to 600 units.jpg
Ford Performance Edition has three pre-defined recommended damper settings.jpg
On sale from July, with deliveries in September.jpg
Special edition gains Deep Orange paint.jpg
Standard equipment includes LED headlamps and B and O premium audio system.jpg
The coilover suspension pack lowers the ride height by 10mm.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No LSD though so I hear...which seems a little odd.

Random fact; I was in that exact place ^^^ last week, staying at the same hotel as the Ford central base of operations! I didn't see any of the cars though.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
No LSD though so I hear...which seems a little odd.

Random fact; I was in that exact place ^^^ last week, staying at the same hotel as the Ford central base of operations! I didn't see any of the cars though.

They're based on Performance Pack cars according to the press release and will have the LSD.

If their 'limited edition' Focus RS models are anything to go by this 'limited edition' will soon be surpassed by another 'limited edition'
(n)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks nice! Those wheels are really nice, but so pricey to buy!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Knew they'd do something about the wheels sooner or later, turns out it was sooner.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Even in that colour the car just looks a bit bland to me. Maybe it would look better in person.

With coilovers and LSD I'm sure it would feel great to drive though.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The ST line ones look much better outside due to the lack of the s**t chavvy wheels fitted to the mk8 ST !

Just buy an ST and fit the Ford Performance wheels, job done.

I must be one of the few who likes the stock wheels :)

I don't mind the 18" ones to be honest. The 17" ones don't look as good for some reason. Wheels are an easy thing to change though.

I saw 4 on the way home yesterday within 15 miles, dull as anything

Alternatively, it could be the best car in the class and you see so many because you'd be mad to buy anything else. Never understood why people dislike a car just because it's popular, especially when it's widely regarded as the best in the segment. Buying something worse just to stand out seems a bit needy lol

Saw a new shape polo GTi yesterday must say I was very impressed tbh ?

They do look nice I think, though don't seem to get fantastic reviews.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Alternatively, it could be the best car in the class and you see so many because you'd be mad to buy anything else. Never understood why people dislike a car just because it's popular, especially when it's widely regarded as the best in the segment. Buying something worse just to stand out seems a bit needy lol

100%! That was often a line trotted out by the early adopters of the 200T...because blending in is bad and people have a need to be noticed!

I'd really be quite happy in one of these new STs, it seems they've taken everything good from the mk7 and left behind the few minor negatives.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My lad has one, he had a 17 plate mk7? before.

It drives a whole lot better, it feels like it has more low down torque and pulls from lower revs than the old ST.
Build looks a bit cheaper, but the Infotainment is better and the ride feels more like a bigger car.

He has silver fox, I thought it was solid, but it's pearlescent.

Personally, I think it looks like a standard Fiesta from a distance, but that's probably a good thing.
Anybody heard of any thefts of the new shape Fiesta yet?

That would certainly be a factor for me - not that it would ultimately put me off though.

However, the previous ST was a Scroat Magnet and the new version just has everyone singing its praises. It will become a main target unfortunately, for sure....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I saw 4 on the way home yesterday within 15 miles, dull as anything

Lol - as much as I'd have one of these - I know where you're coming from.

I'd never in a month-of-Sundays have a Golf R. They tick so many boxes on so many levels - but I'm just sick and tired of seeing them everywhere.

106 gti
Just buy an ST and fit the Ford Performance wheels, job done.

I don't mind the 18" ones to be honest. The 17" ones don't look as good for some reason. Wheels are an easy thing to change though.

They do look nice I think, though don't seem to get fantastic reviews.
Never implied otherwise, just said they’re dull. IMO you see so many because of the stupid lease deals and it’s the easy option. INO of course ;)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'd never in a month-of-Sundays have a Golf R. They tick so many boxes on so many levels - but I'm just sick and tired of seeing them everywhere.

Not even the 400bhp R+ model they've got planned for the Mk8 Golf?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That looks fairly decent in orange! Nice to see a good colour on them as Performance Blue is one of the worst colours Ford have ever developed.