ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta vs Clio

RS 172+
Oh for goodness sake! I'd rather have a 1*2 than a Fiesta anyday, even if the vid shows the dustbin going 0.05 seconds quicker off the line.

Golf GT TDI
a :star: for you mate.
someone whos not a bell end.

im going to look at a 182 with full miltek tomorrow.

yeh i read the posts wondering what the f**k everyone is flapping about. talk about a warm welcome eh?

anyway the 182 is a good step up from a fez. when you look at it its like most things check bodywork for signs of accident damage etc also most 182`s are due or nearly due cam/aux belts so make sure these have been done as its a good £400-£600 job so bear that in mind.

what colour is it?

Fiesta ST-3
a :star: for you mate.
someone whos not a bell end.

im going to look at a 182 with full miltek tomorrow.

Your not making the best impression yourself to be fair. But welcome anyway. Its the cliosport way. And you will get used to it. :approve:

Frp'd Fiesta
Your not making the best impression yourself to be fair. But welcome anyway. Its the cliosport way. And you will get used to it. :approve:

its not my fault there are loads of incapable people on here who cant even read the fooking thread is it

RS 172+
its not my fault there are loads of incapable people on here who cant even read the fooking thread is it
Oh dear. At this stage, I'd be rather contrite, and even apologetic to the forum you have just joined. You haven't been either.

Good luck mate.

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
LOL just ignore them m8,

But no that is not a ClioSport could be a replicer or something. Any 1*2 would eat it alive tbh.

Oh btw.. Welcome to CS LOL!

P.s. Trade your car In and buy a 1*2 and join the CS club, you will soon feel at home and get the CS banta.

Mini Cooper
theres probably loads of these on here. forgive me im new to the site. however this is an frp's zs which is what i have 150bhp.

the clio should still nail it but doesnt :(

heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edj8...owthread.php?t=148043&feature=player_embedded

im looking at buying a clio because i thought they were faster?

discuss

The reason i think this thread is full of gayness is because you are basing buying a car on some chavs sh*tty drag race.

ps welcome :cool:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
3640000003_large.jpg

Enough said to be honest.

An 1*2 beats a zetec S hands down in every department, no matter what engine it has got in it.

Megane R26
Hi Paget

I've driven a couple of FRP'd ZS's, and I can safely say there is no way they would 'have' a 182. I'd guess that the 0-60 is about 7.6 or so, possibly a shade quicker than the Fiesta ST. Most of the FRP engines don't make their 155PS, particularly now given that they are nearly 10 years old.

One 1/4 mile day I went to saw a few standard Fiesta ST's do it quicker than FRP'd ZS's, a 182 will nail the ST all day long.

The Clio in the video also looks like a 1.6 to me, not a 182 or 172.

In summary, the 182 will nail an FRP'd ZS...

I'm not biased either as I have a 197, and had a Mk5 ZS and a Mk6 ST.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Even if it had an RS Focus lump in it? ;)
It could have a 4.0 litre V8 in it, still wouldn't have one.

Cars are much more than engines, and I wouldn't buy a car just because of the engine. All IMO of course.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
It could have a 4.0 litre V8 in it, still wouldn't have one.

Cars are much more than engines, and I wouldn't buy a car just because of the engine. All IMO of course.

Ah, but you stated a Zetec S wouldn't beat a 172/182, no matter what engine it had.

I think it would safe to assume that an RS engined Zetec S would mince a 172/182 off the line, 1/4 mile, etc.

;)

Megane R26
Chassis would struggle to put the power down, but I think it's been done hasn't it?

I know Alan @ Pumabuild got a FRS into into his FRP, so presume it can be done...

Very broken 172 cup
in my opinion the build quality of a fez is much better,the gear change on the fez is better and they dont suffer with anywhere near as many faults as clios do.

clio wings are made of plastic for a start

BUT. i do think a clio sport of any kind would be more than a handfull for a fez to cope with as they really arnt very quick at all.
i had a 1.7 puma and around the track it was with a clio 172 up to 75-80 mph ish but after that the puma just didnt have the power of the clio.

its gotta be said that the clio sport interior and standard equipment is a lot nicer than the fez.

its swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

if i had the choice between a clio sport and a hot fez id go for the clio purely becuase the clio is a little more desirable.

bearing in mind im a massive ford fan and have 6 fiestas of all mk's in the past.

as for postin a vid of two dicks in cars racing on the street like they are in a film is a little daft.

if you want a good analysis, go find a vid of mentioned cars giving it all theyve got around a circuit.

'awaits the,that circuits more suited to clio's comments!'

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
in my opinion the build quality of a fez is much better,the gear change on the fez is better and they dont suffer with anywhere near as many faults as clios do.

clio wings are made of plastic for a start

BUT. i do think a clio sport of any kind would be more than a handfull for a fez to cope with as they really arnt very quick at all.
i had a 1.7 puma and around the track it was with a clio 172 up to 75-80 mph ish but after that the puma just didnt have the power of the clio.

its gotta be said that the clio sport interior and standard equipment is a lot nicer than the fez.

its swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

if i had the choice between a clio sport and a hot fez id go for the clio purely becuase the clio is a little more desirable.

bearing in mind im a massive ford fan and have 6 fiestas of all mk's in the past.

as for postin a vid of two dicks in cars racing on the street like they are in a film is a little daft.

if you want a good analysis, go find a vid of mentioned cars giving it all theyve got around a circuit.

'awaits the,that circuits more suited to clio's comments!'

Makes me laugh when people think of things like plastic wings as being bad for a car:rolleyes:. Its not a structural point so bears no relevance to build quality what so ever and they are lighter.
And those older Fiestas rust like I don't no what. They are hardly better built.

Very broken 172 cup
clio wing panel gaps are so big i dont need to open my bonnet to work on my broken clio

build quality is exactly what it is,quality

how many mercs,bmws etc etc are made with plastic panels?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
clio wing panel gaps are so big i dont need to open my bonnet to work on my broken clio

how many mercs,bmws etc etc are made with plastic panels?

Care?

Seriously though do you smear masscarae over plastic panels? If theres anyone on here that gives any less of a fvck about plastic panels than me theres a puppy in it for them.

If you dont like them then buy a fvcking bmw with a mercedes front end:sleepy:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

how many mercs,bmws etc etc are made with plastic panels
?

None that I can think of, but they do all have HUGE PLASTIC bumpers that wrap round to form half the wing.
Panel gaps are a different issue and I'm sorry but Fords of that ilk are no better thats for sure.

Very broken 172 cup
Care?

Seriously though do you smear masscarae over plastic panels? If theres anyone on here that gives any less of a fvck about plastic panels than me theres a puppy in it for them.

If you dont like them then buy a fvcking bmw with a mercedes front end:sleepy:

???????:S

I've owned a FRP zetec-s, graph figures showed it was producing 162bhp.

To be perfectly honest both the Cup's have had would have struggled to beat it. Perhaps because it was stripped and extremely low it felt quicker than it actually was but I reckon the cars would be dead even until you reached license losing speeds.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
anyway heres a few lap times for silverstone

make your own minds up
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/portals/1/files/pdf/cliocup/results/ELF%20Renault%20Clio%20Cup%20Rounds%2011%2012.pdf

about half way down on this link,

http://www.fordracinguk.com/documents/001Racereport11.12APR2009Silverstonewebver22APR09_000.PDF

dont take it so personal,its only an opinion.

Are you sure they were the same size though.

Interestingly it was the 2.249 international circuit that was being used this weekend. This
coupled with typical British weather made Silverstone quite a challenge for the fiesta drivers,
because, most drivers were new to the International circuit as last season the national circuit
was used. With this in mind, it wasn’t surprising to see a few incidents over the weekend.

The Clio circuit was 5140m so if the fords was 2.249 miles that is about 3700m! I might be wrong but...

Very broken 172 cup
Are you sure they were the same size though.

Interestingly it was the 2.249 international circuit that was being used this weekend. This
coupled with typical British weather made Silverstone quite a challenge for the fiesta drivers,
because, most drivers were new to the International circuit as last season the national circuit
was used. With this in mind, it wasn’t surprising to see a few incidents over the weekend.

The Clio circuit was 5140m so if the fords was 2.249 miles that is about 3700m! I might be wrong but...

yeah its a bit hard to find a perfect comparrasen if thats how you spell it!

it was just food for thought. would be good to see a little grudge match out on track.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
I've owned a FRP zetec-s, graph figures showed it was producing 162bhp.

To be perfectly honest both the Cup's have had would have struggled to beat it. Perhaps because it was stripped and extremely low it felt quicker than it actually was but I reckon the cars would be dead even until you reached license losing speeds.

But a stripped out car is gonna be faster than a standard car, strip out the clio and you'll have a whole different situation. :D

Megane R26
I drove that a couple of times, sounded awesome with the Scorpion exhaust on it!

Not sure what happened to it in the end.