ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta vs Clio

Very broken 172 cup
well ive been trying to keep an open mind about this forum,but as far as i can see its of full kids who would rather bicker with stupid come backs than write a good thread worth reading.
ive tried to be fair with my opinions but it seems some just wont except that theres pros and cons for both fore mentioned cars.

tbh i think threads like this show just how stupid forums can be.
well done clio sport

well ive been trying to keep an open mind about this forum,but as far as i can see its of full kids who would rather bicker with stupid come backs than write a good thread worth reading.
ive tried to be fair with my opinions but it seems some just wont except that theres pros and cons for both fore mentioned cars.

well done clio sport

Toys thrown out of pram?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Toys thrown out of pram?
istockphoto_892270-babies-dummy.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
I think the point here is missed

to the OP, we on here think that is not a genuine 1*2, the opinions stated above do have a point.

But i believe the OP came on here to ask a genuine question, like he said no good asking on the Fiesta forum, so welcome fella.

Generally speaking the ST could beat a clio if the clio is driven poorly, or is a 'bad one'

but generally speaking in all situations the Clio will be faster, which is expected due to its lighter weight and more power

I would not take any notice of that video, mainly due to have a good look on youtube and im sure there will be plenty showing the clio being faster
hope that helps :)

LY 200

well done clio sport

I think any forum you went on where a vid was posted of there chosen car 'supposedly' getting 'spanked' by a less obvious contender would give a similar reaction.

I agree that most cant see pro and cons on here but that gos across the Renault performance hatch range also whether talking Williams v 1*2, 'ph-quick' v 1*2, 182 v 172 cup and so on!

It was a stupid thread from start off imo - the car in the video wasnt even an RS (which i still cant grasp how people interested in performance hatchs wouldnt know) and even if it was an RS the only Fiesta likely to challenge would be an ST150 with the Puma build goodies or greater! An averagely modified ZS wouldnt get near!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.

well done clio sport

I've owned both. The Clio is faster, the Fiesta has better steering. Simple.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
road going 182 beats road going fiesta - been there and done him, power wins every time simplesk :p

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Oh and it's very probablay that the clio would be beaten off the line, power comes in at 5K don't ya know.
Get some decent tyres and learn how to launch. clio would piss all over the fiesta off the line.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
3640000003_large.jpg

Enough said to be honest.

I'm struggling to see this point?

The interior of a ZS from a drivers perspective is 100x better than a dynamique IMO. The size of the steering wheel and seating position is excellent. Aesthetically it may not be everyones taste...but still. And before I get slated for 'not knowing what I'm talking about etc', I've had two 1.2 16v clios.:)

I love my little ZS, it's an excellent step up from the 'basic' clios in terms of driving and looks (again imo). The straight line speed isn't great, but on a twisty road its handling is excellent. That said, if I could have justified the insurance on a 1*2, I would have had one, and will do next.

Welcome along Paget btw, I recongnise the name form ZSOC.

Luke.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
1.6 Clio or 1.6 zetec-s.

As much as I loved my clio and the interior is much 'classier' and 'refined' with auto headlamps ect... I would still have the zetec-s. There's no way a 1.6 clio would be as much fun to drive as a zetec-s.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
1.6 Clio or 1.6 zetec-s.

As much as I loved my clio and the interior is much 'classier' and 'refined' with auto headlamps ect... I would still have the zetec-s. There's no way a 1.6 clio would be as much fun to drive as a zetec-s.

True about luxuaries such as the auto-wipers and lights, however they both stopped working in mine...lol.

I do miss the radio volume stalk though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lol my clio interior was a nice place to be tbh. One of the things I liked about it most probably.

BMW F21 125d
Stripped FRP fiestas come in the higher end of that band so it's not all that impossible. Of course most of you'll never believe me.

You cant ever compare Standard Vs Modified, the 1/4 mile times I provided are standard, adding modified cars to the mix just adds too many variables and therefore that argument is null and void!

182FF, Cerbera, XJR
Have you guys ever heard the phrase "like flies arguing over a turd"?

Two FWD hatchbacks in a drag race?
Which has got the slightly less gash interior out of two different econoboxes?
Does Dagenham or Dieppe build cars to a higher standard?

If you want to win drag races, buy RWD Japanese and stick a massive turbo on it. If you want a sumptious interior then buy a Jag. If you want build quality then buy a Merc or a Rolls.

Hot hatches, all of them, are a compromise. They'll take four people and your shopping, they'll give you a great big grin when you throw them down your favourite b-road, they'll be forgiving if you're a bit ham-fisted with the controls and they'll do a slightly better job than a motorbike of looking after you and your passengers if you wrap one round a lamp-post. And they'll do it all for pocket-money.

A little bit of perspective, boys and girls.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Stripped FRP fiestas come in the higher end of that band so it's not all that impossible. Of course most of you'll never believe me.

Why wouldnt i beleive you? lol

My breathing modded clio williams ran a 14.0 so hardly unbeleivable.

But a stripped 1*2 would be mid to low 14's if that helps.

Fiesta Zetec S
You cant ever compare Standard Vs Modified, the 1/4 mile times I provided are standard, adding modified cars to the mix just adds too many variables and therefore that argument is null and void!

Well, that's what the original video was (standard vs modded)

I admit though, it's all pointless!

LY 200

What's an FRP fiesta? As said only the puma build ST's get near in my experience but as you will know they are running around 190 bhp and even then still don't take the 182!

Put it this way it was a 1.6 16v at best in the vid and it wasn't exactly cained - nothing against the the 1.6 (a pal had an RSI for years) but they would be better suited to playing with Saxo vtr's and the like!

Monaco 172 (02)
Been in an ST, toyed with an ST for quite a while and I was impressed, handle VERY well.

But its not even in the same league compared to a 2.0 Clio. IMO.

LY 200
Ahh sorry, it's got a racing puma engine which put out around 150bhp

So how would a racing puma engined zetec s be any better than an ST150?

When you say stripped what do you mean by stripped!? Back seat out job or the whole wack? Door cards, carpets, roof lining etc!?

Porsche Boxster987S

If you want to win drag races, buy RWD Japanese and stick a massive turbo on it. If you want a sumptious interior then buy a Jag. If you want build quality then buy a Merc or a Rolls.

Hot hatches, all of them, are a compromise. They'll take four people and your shopping, they'll give you a great big grin when you throw them down your favourite b-road, they'll be forgiving if you're a bit ham-fisted with the controls and they'll do a slightly better job than a motorbike of looking after you and your passengers if you wrap one round a lamp-post. And they'll do it all for pocket-money.

:boring: tbh

;)

Fiesta Zetec S
So how would a racing puma engined zetec s be any better than an ST150?

When you say stripped what do you mean by stripped!? Back seat out job or the whole wack? Door cards, carpets, roof lining etc!?

Whole wack

This is an old picture:
DSCN0385.jpg

More's been taken out since this.

MCS R56

Maybe to you, pal.

LY 200
Lol and I thought the one I had was stripped.

Haha - i was gonna say that definately is the meaning of 'stripped' - i can see a door speaker mind! ;)

As for nefarious i think he just needs to be ignored tbh! Does make me laff the way hes taken the time to reply in this thread with such garb even though its just one of 'flys arguing over turd' (and no iv never perosonally heard that saying)!

:boring: indeed.