ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

200 Gordini
I've quickly realised why handballs aren't on as standard - horrific option! Turned it back off after one game and three penalties as well as about 4 free kicks for it.

LOL first manager mode game I play, handball and give away a penalty in about 1 minute.. my players hand was tucked into his stomach! Shocking. I lost 1-0 :(

don't
What's everyone doing on career mode? Player, manager or both?

Just being a player on mine, but I control the whole team during a game rather than just standing around waiting for the AI to respond

Handballs... its a shame they didn't get that working properly as it would have been a nice touch for the blatent ones

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah played him on PS3 and he was Chelsea. EVERY move was aimed to get Drog on the ball... lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I only play Career Mode as manager so I can control the entire team, and also Live Season.

Still sorting out my chants at the moment. Increased the volume of them all using Mp3Gain and now importing them over again. :)

Renault Clio 1.4
Played some cretin earlier and beat him 1-0. Had a rematch and beat him 3-2 which resulted in him sending me messages laughing because I couldn't 'nil him'.. Plank.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Started my Career Mode on World Class. Bought Neymar and Lass Diarra. Sold Keane, Jenas, Naughton and O'Hara.

Haven't played any competitive games yet but played 3 friendlies. Drew 1-1 with Parma, Neymar scoring a brilliant goal from outside the box after controlling an outswinging cross by Bale, turning and firing into the corner. Got an Achievement for that. Then won my second friendly 2-1, with two Achievement's for me after a Crouch header from a brilliant cross from Bale. Then won the last friendly 1-0, Neymar again. Enjoying it, and having increased the volume of the chants, I don't have to turn down the other levels to hear them. The intro and final whistle song (Glory Glory in particular) was superb after a victory :cool:

Commentary can be a little dumb at times - again. I hit a fizzing left foot shot from van der Vaart which went wide, and Martin Tyler said he's not so good on his weaker foot. Yeah, ok. Then Modric smashed a 30 yarder just wide and Andy Gray said he thought the player must have been on drugs as the shot was nowhere near!

Meh.

Good stuff, so far, though. I've done the chants and Intro's for most Premiership clubs now, and also editing a few teams custom tactics so they aren't all pressure and aggression, making things a little easier to breathe.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Loviing Career Mode so far. Created myself and decided to start my career at Barnet

The AI is actually pretty good this time round, doesn't do too many stupid things

Renault Clio 1.4
Xbox? I'll give you a game if so - iBenson
Just lost online to three goals conceded from corners. Doing my swede in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For those playing career mode, try not to pressure the opposition AI into giving the ball away, barging into them with the pressure button. Give them time on the ball and only commit to pressure if they are in your penalty area. They get a bit more time on the ball, but it's more rewarding, IMO, and not a pressure fest with your constantly holding down the spring button to run at them.

What difficulty are you guys playing on?

Mk4 .:R32
Has anyone noticed it's quite glitchy?

Like when you've picked your teams and about to place, when it loads up the initial player vs keeper bit when you can practice it spacks out. Like the it's a ball moving around the pitch, then the keeper and player appear on the half way line :S

And also, when it plays the little video bit when either team makes a sub and it zooms in on a few players, I noticed sometimes one the players heads will morph into a different player haha! It's odd!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I was playing on world class but all the AI seemed to do was tricks which is annoying and they've done the old EA trick of when you put the difficulty up it makes the other team faster. When Tranmere's full back can out sprint Evra something wrong IMO.

I'm now playing on Pro and its just too easy. All the AI does is run with it! They never pass to each other.

They need a nice middle ground really.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I was playing on world class but all the AI seemed to do was tricks which is annoying and they've done the old EA trick of when you put the difficulty up it makes the other team faster. When Tranmere's full back can out sprint Evra something wrong IMO.

I'm now playing on Pro and its just too easy. All the AI does is run with it! They never pass to each other.

They need a nice middle ground really.

Tranmere's full-backs f**king rapid though!
Depending on which one it is, hah

LY 182
Commentary can be a little dumb at times - again.

Very true.

Was round mates on Friday having a game on the PS3. He hit a freekick that hit my man in the wall and went in, to which Andy Gray said: "He'd have been spending hours attempting that on the training ground".

I lol'd. Quite clearly just smashed and it got lucky.

german
Has anyone noticed it's quite glitchy?

Like when you've picked your teams and about to place, when it loads up the initial player vs keeper bit when you can practice it spacks out. Like the it's a ball moving around the pitch, then the keeper and player appear on the half way line :S

And also, when it plays the little video bit when either team makes a sub and it zooms in on a few players, I noticed sometimes one the players heads will morph into a different player haha! It's odd!

I've noticed those things too.

Just started career mode at Everton on Legendary. They want top 6 which is going to be a struggle as the strikers are not that good.

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup the commentary can be off, just like every other Fifa ive played over the last 10-15 years

LY 200
Im thinking career mode isnt as real as it could be.

Iv started a season with the mighty Hammers and during the first transfer windom Man Yoo had let Berbatov go to Lazio and signed Mcfadden for 13 million, Pavlychenko for something similar and another big name striker for something similar.

Its decent game play though and harder to pass, take corners, head, shoot, do chest downs and sprint on World Class or above though which makes it abit more realistic as you do struggle to get goals and opportunitys.

Porsche Boxster987S
Ranked at just under 7000 overall now and top 2000 for country :) best FIFA I've played by far

Mondeo diesel barge
Have to say it's the best Fifa I've played for a while. It is a lot harder than the previous versions. Passing, shooting, time on the ball etc In the last few Fifa games I could easily break into double figures for shooting opportunities within the first half, now you're lucky if I do the same in the whole game. Maybe it's because I'm a bit crap :rasp: generally finding it more difficult, but in a good way.

LY 200
^And also it evens out aswell as opponents get opportunitys!

Ive also noticed the better the club the harder it is to get opportunitys which wasnt really the case when you got to grips with past one.

In my league season with West Ham i got beat 1-0 by Arsenal opening day, managed a 2-2 draw at OT (after going 2-0 up) and then a 2-2 draw with Man City so it isnt easy to beat the bigger teams which it was on the last game.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive beat Man Utd when playing as Liverpool 3 times now, yet i drew with Birmingham i think, twice, also i got Wigan in my FA Cup final and that was a really hard game, i pulled out a 90th minute goal though :)

Clio
I always make sure I switch to the right player to control to defend depending on which player is attacking (don't just control, say, Evra all the way across the pitch to track a player.

Stand off the player you want to tackle, don't jump in, and then, when space is running out, use the standing tackle button (as well as calling a teammate to help) to nick the ball away. Then don't piss about with it if you don't need to, players who aren't great at passing will just give it away if you try to ping it about out of defence.

Such great advice, just so hard to do. I'm getting there though. More practice needed.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Career mode - played 7 lost 7, goals scored - 0. Too hard doing my nut in now, they dont even give me any space for a shot ffs. Think I will go back to semi pro

Mondeo diesel barge
^And also it evens out aswell as opponents get opportunitys!

Ive also noticed the better the club the harder it is to get opportunitys which wasnt really the case when you got to grips with past one.

In my league season with West Ham i got beat 1-0 by Arsenal opening day, managed a 2-2 draw at OT (after going 2-0 up) and then a 2-2 draw with Man City so it isnt easy to beat the bigger teams which it was on the last game.

Definitely seeing this. I noticed a huge difference between playing Arsenal and West Brom(Which there should be). With Arsenal I rarely had time on the ball, trying a through ball down the wing was nigh on impossible with the speed of Clichy. I had few chances on goal and was lucky to get away with a 1-1. Whereas playing West Brom, they made a fair few mistakes, quite slow and found it so much easier to get forward and create an opportunity to score.

I managed to beat Man Utd in the League Cup though, fair enough it was against the back room staff.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I beat Wolves in the Mickey Mouse cup with my Virtual Pro upfront, was a stupidly tight game, the gulf in how good the PL teams are compared to League 2 is really pronounced.

Also enjoying the midfield congestion, awesome touch.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah thought the chants packs link had been removed. Any other place to get it or can someone on here host it :)

Getting the game in the next couple of days.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Still haven't had mine delivered...
Going to Germany tomorrow anyway, best be here when I get back next week!

DCi
anyone think corners are easier than last year to score?

also last year if you used your near post guy and put him on the 6 yard line you could defend anything, now you can't do that