ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filling a Clio tank

I just paid £46.20 to fill up my clio with Optimax :sick:

Im usually not bothered, as i see petrol as a "must have" so dont worry about cost... but today really took the piss!

My valver cost me almost £45 the other night, and that was at about 92p/litre! Hate to think what its going to cost this weekend for RWS...

I put the nozzle in the tank, press the lever till it shuts off, walk in and hand over cmy card, ebeter my pin, 3457, and walk out again

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 09 September 2005

I put the nozzle in the tank, press the lever till it shuts off, walk in and hand over cmy card, ebeter my pin, 3457, and walk out again
and again in english? LoL

Thanks for the PIN number by the way, I needed to go shopping... ;-) lol

I have fat fingers, lol.....card number is 549843132851357, and expires 04/09, and security number is 855, and its a switch

like i wrote above... this is usually my attitude too because its not as if petrol is optional.

However i really got a shock today, was at the pump thinking "shut off, shut off.... please shut off" lol :oops:

I have fat fingers, lol.....card number is 549843132851357, and expires 04/09, and security number is 855, and its a switch
Thanks for the free Pizza Tom ;)

Flight is booked for 8am :cool:

Yup, a good £40 to get to RWS and back (300 miles I think), should be a nice quiet drive at 5am in the morning though!

172 & Golf GTI on order!

£46.20 can get you a good woman for a few hours in some areas! And shell more than likely do much more to the gallon than a Clio!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Maffy on 09 September 2005

£46.20 can get you a good woman for a few hours in some areas! And shell more than likely do much more to the gallon than a Clio!!!
PMSL! :D

C4 Grand Picasso

I last completely filled my car about a year ago which cost me £38. Took me by surprised when it took £45.50 to fill it last week - just normal petrol too, not anything like Optimax. So is that an extra £7.50 tax per tank Im paying now?

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

when i got my car 3 yrs ago it was just over 30bucks to fill it now its around 43 just for normal fuel too....b****cks like!!

Not a Clio

filled the other halfs Omega up last night... £56 on normal unleaded. I just stuck £20 in mine which gives me half a tank.

went into tesco last week for petrol and they were the first petrol station ive been in which had chip and pin. i take it theyre all doing it now?

just to let yopu all know, petrol blockades are starting again, and some of my local garages are already out of petrol so fill up now boys and girls!!

None

Ive just filled mine right up and cost me £32 :eek: never cost me that much!! Gonna drive proppa slow now and use 5th gear lots to make it last a good few weeks :). Gave the car is last thrash for a while today.

Valver..

he he i drive a 1.2 so it costs me about £27 2 fill her up....so wen i go 4 a drive at nite it costs me £3 a nite it costs all u big bad boys £10!!! serves u right.....;).....(only coz im jelous!)

Quote: Originally posted by clio head on 10 September 2005

he he i drive a 1.2 so it costs me about £27 2 fill her up....so wen i go 4 a drive at nite it costs me £3 a nite it costs all u big bad boys £10!!! serves u right.....;).....(only coz im jelous!)
I used to get 45mpg in my 1.2 16V and I get around 35mpg in my Cup. So for the performance difference the costs of fuel arent actually hugely different. Only problem is I cant stop driving the bloody thing so it costs alot more in the real world!

I filled up at asda last night until it clicked off. dial was on R but no light so still have resurve.

£35 dunno how many litres went in, guess it was close to 40 as asda was 89p cheapest around.

Ph1

80 miles in the tank and filled up with Optimax to the brim at a price of 1.01 a litre and it cost me £37 on the nose :confused:

How much is it litre for some of yous to cost over 40 quid a tank full ??

C4 Grand Picasso

My £45.50 fill up was from petrol costing 92.9p/litre. Not far off 50 litres - didnt even know my little 1.2 had a tank that big.