ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filthy Fiesta ST (Cleaning product suggestions please)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
This is what it looked like when it arrived and was clean,

14710569828_9eda6b1e6c_b.jpg
IMG_2351 by sbridgey, on Flickr

Now 900 miles later it's got a touch dirtier.

14894110881_366d0baffb_b.jpg
Untitled by sbridgey, on Flickr

14896822202_8afe168c52_b.jpg

14896824192_c82ccf267e_b.jpg

14710493260_90eb82cbab_b.jpg

14710631227_9f8e7d1987_b.png

14710572648_96c6063121_b.jpg

Think most of that is from it being parked by the coast at the weekend and the storms on sunday.

What bargain/won't break the bank cleaning products do you guys reckon are best?

Also i need a hose pipe and buckets, so bargain prices on those if you may?

Lol 900 miles already! :D

Clean it up with normal stuff (shampoo then decontamination with IronX/Tardis) and then get some Hydro2 on it. Iirc the Hydro2 is fairly cheap compared to how good it works.

Or alternatively go for a Nano sealant (like C2v3 or CQuartz UK), but they're a bit more money. You could also coat the wheels with Gtechniq C2Armor (I think its C2 - you'd have to check), again it's expensive but it'll last probably the whole lease! The product means the wheels will hardly need anything at all apart from a hosepipe to remove the brake dust!

Probably better advice around than that, but that's what I'd do :).

Last edited:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
That hydro2 stuff looks pretty good to me, reckon i'll get me some of that and then just a bit of what ever's cheap/decent shampoo.

the wheel armour C5? looks quite pricey to me for a 15ml bottle £22.95? is it really worth it?

Yeah C5, that's it - as long as you get everything off the wheels first (all the brake dust), it's AMAZING. Honestly is worth it imo, but you have to really give the wheels a good clean, so depends if you can be bothered more than anything :p

I did it to my Turinis on the Clio as soon as I got them, and its lasted the 2 years and more, made cleaning them so much easier and the finish was always brilliant after just a jetwash.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I suggest you learn how to get in and out without wiping your leg against the lower parts of the car, TBQFHBBQ.

In all seriousness - take it to someone like Jim @ WD in/near Notts and get it sorted properly. Cleaned, sealed, wheels and bodywork.

Buy a very nice wash mitt and some pre-wash perhaps ..

Job done.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I suggest you learn how to get in and out without wiping your leg against the lower parts of the car, TBQFHBBQ.

In all seriousness - take it to someone like Jim @ WD in/near Notts and get it sorted properly. Cleaned, sealed, wheels and bodywork.

Buy a very nice wash mitt and some pre-wash perhaps ..

Job done.

I'd rather do it myself, gonna get looking around cleanyourcar.com and find some good deals.

Also gonna see if i can find some good prices on addicted's suggestions.