ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally bought a new HU

E87 118i

at last, factory radio is comming out and after sourcing a connects2 stalk/display adpater I got a sony on a special today....will have it fitted this weekend and will take a pic.

did I do the right thing ?

any chance I will notice a difference with my amp plugging directly in without the hi-lo converter ?

E87 118i

ok, so the night before I am gonna have it fitted, I realise the the model I bought (CDX-R3410) hasnt got RDS ! can you believ it they can still make radios without RDS ? Anyways got a refund this morning and went searching for a new unit, hade to pay a lot more, got a really nice one Sony CDX-R6550 (only a sony will work with the connects 2)

the display works 100% and the stalk control is 99%, the only niggle there is that you can only skip one way with your preset stations, so if you have gone passed you have to press on the HU or skip forward through about 30 stations, or just program your favourite on to all the presets. Songs skip back anf forth as per usual.

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/glenwood/radio_02.jpg

why u want both displays, nice HU tho loving sony. my stalk works 100% on mine and can go back and forth tho stations but mine 04

Clio 172mk2

can u get the alpine to display live "five fm" on the original screen instead of just "ALPINE"

E87 118i

from what Ive heard the alpine adapters only say alpine on the display and can only skip cd tracks in one direction only from the stalk control.

must admit the HU is a great improvement, tweeters have "come alive" and radio reception seems to be clearer (?)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if i was to get the connects 2 adaptor , i.e. for the stalk & the dash to display 100% do i HAVE to get a Sony HU? Or can i get any other brand?

Cheers,
Kenn.

E87 118i

for a clio 2000 and newer, you need connects2 DRNS003 - this will give stalk and display for SONY only. They do make just stalk adapters for other brands, I think Kenwood and Pioneer......

www.connects2.com

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 14 August 2005

from what Ive heard the alpine adapters only say alpine on the display and can only skip cd tracks in one direction only from the stalk control.

must admit the HU is a great improvement, tweeters have "come alive" and radio reception seems to be clearer (?)
correct about the display, it says "alpine" and "volume up" etc...

however you can indeed skip forwards and backwards through radio and cd/mp3 tracks.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/fubar_uk/display2.jpg

Hi there,

Thank you. Is this adaptor easy to install? I am in australia so i dont think its out here locally. I would have to order one from overseas. Will any audio installer be able to put it in easily?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Quote: Originally posted by rock on 14 August 2005

for a clio 2000 and newer, you need connects2 DRNS003 - this will give stalk and display for SONY only. They do make just stalk adapters for other brands, I think Kenwood and Pioneer......

http://www.connects2.comwww.connects2.com

E87 118i

just figured out that the song details can scroll on the top dash.....wanted to take a picture when the dash said "fast car" when Tracy Chapman was on....

E87 118i

Sony CDX - R6550

Connects2 DRNS003

hey presto!

no sure if the model sony is available in the UK, baut all you need for that adpater is a Sony HU that has changer/shuttle control.