ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally Done It, The 200 Is Ordered!

RB 182
Finally gone through with it, signed on the dotted line

Brand new Clio 200 Cup in Glacier White with black Speedlines

Got it through the Lookers deal, and bought it from Lookers Stockport which so far have been really good, the sales guy Ben was meant to finish at half 5 but waited for me to turn up at 6 (due to work) then stayed back until we sealed the deal at 8pm! Test drove a full fat 200 and was hooked! There was a guy picking up a 200 in that £1200 white, which to me is a total waste of money, esp as it took 3 sales guys to comfirm it was the fancy white!!

Tried for free mats but could only get them at cost, so ill just wait for some on the 'Bay or summing

Only drawback is ive been quoted upto 12 weeks delivery :dapprove:

Oh, and the shock of the day is finding out the road tax is £425 a year!!!!

200 road tax isnt £425 a year, thats the first year tax only. After that its £235.

Oh and the £1200 white is very different to glacier!

You need to see the pearl white in the metal to appreciate it, but it is much nicer than glacier, not sure its worth the grand on top, but I certainly wish mine was pearl everytime I see a car in it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pearl white looks very different in the flesh. Good choice, I wasn't convinced by white (didn't choose the spec of mine as it was a cancelled order), but love it now I'm used to it.

RB 182
Yea ur right, done abit of research on here and seems the tax is £435 for the 1st year then £235 thereafter but the 1st tax is included in the price.

Dont get me wrong, the pearl is nice but now £1000 nice. To the untrained eye (99% of people) it just looks white!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Agreed. Crazy price to pay for a pint scheme on a Clio. Red and Nimbus are my personal favourite colours.

Da

Less
I was parked next to a PW 200 at RWS this weekend, most of the people I spoke to couldn't tell the difference to be fair (no sun you see).

I chose GW and spent the £1k on seats instead :)

I got my mats at a very good price from SMCRenault.co.uk, ask to speak to Karl - he'll sort you out.

Oh and enjoy the car - you'll love it :)

RB 182
Cheers Da, any idea on a a realisitc delivery time?

Had a 182, two 172s and two 1.2s, but never had a brand new car so looking forward to it!!

The one option i was interested in was the RenautSport Moniter, but now heard any feedback on this so didnt bother.

Also, the GT spoiler? Thats another one i nearly ticked, but then didnt

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
when i orderd my clio they said it will take 8 weeks, 2 weeks after i orderd it arrived lol

Da

Less
Mine took 13 weeks, 1 week later than the ETA given by the dealer.

RenaultSport monitor is pretty pointless on the 200, it's useful on the turbo 250, but more of a gimick on the Clio.

Mine has the cup spoiler, personal choice really but I felt the GT was too subtle for me.

Clio 182.
My GW should be arriving next week, i got confirmation of its arrival in britain earlier in the week. Cant wait.

Faxo, if you go over to the renaultsport forums, theres a guy who will do you a good deal on a set of mats.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I ordered mine 11th of june i think, and i collected yesterday. Seems you have gone for same spec as my girlfriend.

60020_10150098834239745_533309744_7142911_922302_n.jpg

I went for white speedlines and recaros...

We dealt with harratts wakefield. same deal as lookers.

Nissan 350z
I ordered June 15th, and mine too has just arrived at the dealers yesturday as well (collection Monday. CANNOT WAIT!). Thanks to the Richard1 for the sneak pics lol.

Picture 1155.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I ordered June 15th, and mine too has just arrived at the dealers yesturday as well (collection Monday. CANNOT WAIT!). Thanks to the Richard1 for the sneak pics lol.
I'd be tempted to remove the spoiler end plates, think it looks better!
2024418-3.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jeez that makes such a difference! Looks more like a bigger GT spoiler there.

I'm guessing it'll leave 2 little holes?

Lovely though, nice mod.

Just ordered my glacier white 200 cup yesterday, black speedlines etc and got free mats with it! Not due til start of december though:(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Jeez that makes such a difference! Looks more like a bigger GT spoiler there.

I'm guessing it'll leave 2 little holes?

Lovely though, nice mod.
Not sure fella, I'll find out soon enough. Not a fan of the spoiler with the end flaps, but will be ordering one to have as above. I imagine they come as seperate parts, flaps would be too easy to damage otherwise?

RB 182
Gt spoiler is exactly the same as fitted to the GT Clio if that helps. In the end i made them check the small print about the order date or delivery date being Sept 30th, they rang me back and admitted theyd got it wrong. I wouldve dealt with Harratts Wakefield but was on a time limit and needed to test drive one 1st. CoOperative Bradford would also do the same deal if anyones interested

Cup Spoiler looks a complete mess with end caps removed and it will need a lot of work to make it look right. The one in that photo has had the ends smoothed and rounded, it looks nothing like that if you just take the ends off.

Clio 200/Jag x-type
Finally gone through with it, signed on the dotted line

Brand new Clio 200 Cup in Glacier White with black Speedlines

Got it through the Lookers deal, and bought it from Lookers Stockport which so far have been really good, the sales guy Ben was meant to finish at half 5 but waited for me to turn up at 6 (due to work) then stayed back until we sealed the deal at 8pm! Test drove a full fat 200 and was hooked! There was a guy picking up a 200 in that £1200 white, which to me is a total waste of money, esp as it took 3 sales guys to comfirm it was the fancy white!!

Tried for free mats but could only get them at cost, so ill just wait for some on the 'Bay or summing

Only drawback is ive been quoted upto 12 weeks delivery :dapprove:

Oh, and the shock of the day is finding out the road tax is £425 a year!!!!

Congratulations, only had mine a week, and still thinking of reasons to take it out for a spin!

Pathfinder n 172cup
ive had my glaicer white 200 for a year now it is by far the best car ive owned dont get the gt spoiler get the cup it is the best £400 you could spend it needs this spoiler to make the car stand out its like a cossie without a whale tail it dont look right oh btw my tax is not £425 are u sure thats right?:cool:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
1st year tax is £425. Spoiler suited the 197, but only with the front and side add ons as well.
Doesn't suit the 200, at all for me.

Stagecoach Ticket
nice one mate enjoy it

that smoothed spoiler looks so much better!

theres a ktec option that is pretty close to that without the smoothing though some bloke had it on a GW one on here looked really nice