ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

finally got my v6

For your Alarm read the book, it is quite clear you have to close ALL vents off otherwise the air flow can cause the alarm to activate.

In addition beware of microwaves as these can also set the alarm off.

DO NOT DEACTIVATE THE ALARM THE INSURANCE WILL NOT PAY OUT IF THEY FIND OUT YOU HAVE DONE THIS.

The alarm only activates for a short time, gives you time to see whats up.

[Edited by John V6 on 7/27/2005 7:57:33 PM]

welcome to the club!

I had the same problem with my alarm, got renault to de sensitise the alarm, that did the trick. With regard the exhaust i got a k-tec stainless back box & a BMC CDA induction kit. Best noise on any car ever!!!!

enjoy the car & get used to the attention

Mars Red Clio V6 255

hi giuys and thanks for all your comments, with regards to the sports exhaust do any of the companys have a web site i can go on and find out about them? also with the k-tec exhaust do they do a few different exhausts with different noise levels? and would £1000 cover and full system?

also would this make my renault warrenty invalid?

Mars Red Clio V6 255

mike- evo tested the z3m coupe and got the 0-60 time of 4.3, bmw claim its 5.4 0-60 but thats complete rubbish they only say that to make the m3 look faster on paper than the z3m.

great site i used to belong to for the z3m coupe and lots of info on the car.

http://www.z3mcoupe.comwww.z3mcoupe.com

p.s i had the later version, post 2001 model so vanos was not a problem.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 27 July 2005

PS Reno do an optional SS exhaust for the Mk1 but that cost the previous owner of my car over a grand...............not sure if they did 1 for the Mk2.........or maybe thats SS as standard.
Im pretty sure the mk2 gets a SS exhaust as standard...

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 27 July 2005

mike- evo tested the z3m coupe and got the 0-60 time of 4.3, bmw claim its 5.4 0-60 but thats complete rubbish they only say that to make the m3 look faster on paper than the z3m.

great site i used to belong to for the z3m coupe and lots of info on the car.

http://www.z3mcoupe.comwww.z3mcoupe.com

p.s i had the later version, post 2001 model so vanos was not a problem.
You swapped an S54 M Coupe for a Clio V6....you feeling ok? ;) (seriously both great cars, you cant really go wrong!)

Like others have said, fit a BMC CDA induction kit, and the car will sound like nothing youve heard before!

Also give http://www.pro-speed.bizPro-speed a call, he made me a custom V6 exhaust and could probably be persuaded to do it again - was well worth the money.

^^^^^you know what the next question is gonna be Mike eh...............how much for Charlie to make the exhaust?

Cya Stu

Well YOU wont hear them!! I came out at 100db when I was tested at Oulton Park....At 105 I wouldnt be allowed on track!!

golf r32 dsg

can some1 do me a favour i get me v6 next week and want to make sure its gona fit through the gate....

could someone please measure me the two widest points ie from wing mirror to wing mirror in inches????

cheers craig

golf r32 dsg

hahah dont undertstand that 1 bit mate. the overall width 1911 wats that in inches. ...

as for the sleep im knackerd lol!!

:D............its mms............sooooo its just over 6ft 3in :D.........but thats Mk2

By the way have you got nothing better to do with your time :D

Cya Stu..............Im just off out in my...............Veeeeeeeeeeee :D

PS I suppose youre gonna tell us how many hours & mins till you get the car eh :D

[Edited by stusV6 on 28 July 2005 at 8:02pm]

Mars Red Clio V6 255

no i sold the s54 m coupe to buy a flat, so i got a clio 182 which i did not really like, nice car but just not me, so i went for the v6, the z3 was a much better car to be honest better interior better engine, faster, but there is just something about the v6 that makes you smile everytime you drive it.

im wont be getting a exhaust for a few months so i wont post about it again til im ready then ill start another post about it.