ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally had enough of my 172

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

Well it has got to the point now that I have had enough of my 172. I have had so many problems that have been technical and dealer related that I am now looking to get the lease cut short with the leasing company (they have agreed that it is not good enough) and replace the car. Its a shame cos when the car runs its loads of fun and I do like it, but i am fed up with the monthly visits to the dealers who still havent fixed simple problems on the car after multiple visits.

FYI it will be replaced with either a Honda (had one for 3 years and very pleased with it) or a Seat (relative has one and has been very pleased).

Dave

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Get a Leon Cupra R, quick as fook but with decent build quality, or a Octavia RS, get it chipped and thatll fly, again with decent build quality.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Druddle I know how you feel you end up realising that quality and friendliness is an important aspect of a car/dealer. I would vote for the Leon Cupra R

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

Funny you should mention the Cupra R but thats what I am going to order next week (the 225 bhp one) :D :D

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

Hi Kathy

Not yet, will be in Feb next year tho !!! Hows your motor ??

I am sick of mine, i have had sooo many problems with it and the dealers i have seen are pathetic. Time to jump into the VAG range i think and have a go with the Leon.

Dave

hi,

yer pays yer money y take your chances, thats all i have to say. also my clio seems very well built so far.

phill*

111s

leon... shame its got too many doors. Is half the renault factory run by chimps and the other by qualified technicians? The biggest grumble ive got with mine is the plastic console around the handbrake, only moves slightly, nothing serious. what problems have you had?

Hiya D

Mine is still mega-cool thanks!! But then mine is the best in the world ever Sunflower 172!! I got married! Cant believe you still havent!!!

Still on same email? Keep in touch even when you leave us !!!

K

hi,

the only thing wrong with mine is that theres wind noise at 70+mph but that probably a design thing and i only go up to 70mph (cough..) :D

phill*

the headlight dimmer dial thingy near your right knee is really wobbly on mine, cheap build quality. Well it is a Ren after all, i just like the va va voom

hi,

yeah after all is said and done i paid £12000k for a car. Thats Focus money but i get more stuff (climate,sixcd,ESP,TC,ABS, side airbags ((some focuss dont have abs!!)) Xenons, spare alloy, leather, etc.. the list is long and the engine sounds great even though i dont have soprts exhaust or panel filter. It does 0-62 in 7.0-7.2 and 0-60 in 6.8 (at a push) i rekon it will do 140mph (but dont go that fast) and most impressivly 30-70 in 6.6 - 6.4 secs! i have fully waranty. I got low profile tires and alloys. Its VW golf money without build quality. But just think if you do happen to get a good one and your only having it for two-three years, your still gonna get some money back becuase its quite exclusive and more importantly less of them to choose from for your next potencial buyer. i.e. more chance of selling. although im worried, everyones experience is different and so far mine seems ok. But i dont pretend its a really fast car cos it isnt, its just damn quick for the money. Dont forget the feeling of speed is just as important as the actuall speed. I can do 80mph and feel like im doing 50mph nice quiet cabin. But if im accelerating hard or even normal i can feel it push me a back in the seats! thats a cool thing for you and your passenger. Its cute in size but not sickly cute like lupo GTI and it looks mean enough without looking to ugly.

Nuff said (roll on clio 225 turbo or megane turbo)

P.s. shouldnt we be talking more about those RS cars on this forum, they seem great with awesome potencial

Phill*