ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally had my car keyed.

Not a 320d
Been waiting for this to happen for a while TBH. Anyways its about a foot long, half will polish out, but the other is down to primer. Has anyone seen any examples of using a paint stick like you would stone chips - fill, possibly with cellulose or laquer, then massage into the paintwork. Wetsand (Or not) then polish out. Annoying really as ive only recently machine polished it. Links?

Not a 320d
Nothing, just gets a lot of looks and attention. Had it two years and ive been waiting for it to happen. Its low, shiney and is reasonably good looking (To some) and its also only 2 years old.

2005 clio 182
The sticks just end up washing away after a couple of washes,mobile dent and scratch man should sort it,about £60,I had my car keyed by my ex.were talking all over the bonnet and wings,most cowardly thing to do IMO,as it's so annoying, because you always think what you could do to someone,if you caught them in the act. You never catch em red handed for some reason

Jap Box
The sticks just end up washing away after a couple of washes,mobile dent and scratch man should sort it,about £60,I had my car keyed by my ex.were talking all over the bonnet and wings,most cowardly thing to do IMO,as it's so annoying, because you always think what you could do to someone,if you caught them in the act. You never catch em red handed for some reason

What a tw*t! Ive had mine keyed all down the passenger side and had the N/S rear quater kicked in by someone.

The stick things down ok on the scratches but will wear off pretty soonish after a few washes, and it takes a while to get them to bed in and look right. Id just get it touched up if the cars new, mines 1998 so a key marks doesnt really bother me anymore.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
There's a guide on DW about filling stone chips - would the same principle apply to this scratch, or not? I've got some awful scratches on my roof, think it's been keyed, I need to get them sorted too :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've seen some amazing transformations on DW in repairing scratches and the process seems the same as with stonechips - clean out, fill with paint, fill again, wet sand back and machine polish. General consensus seems to be that nobody else will be able to see the repair but you will, as you know it's there!

Build up paint, wet sand until you're happy, polish. Apply the same stone chip logic. You'll still see it, as I can still see the smart repair on mine, but the next person to own your car won't see it.

Listerine & Poledo
Why? What you been up to?
Nothing, just gets a lot of looks and attention.

Do you have an exhaust that lets everyone within 5 miles know you're about?
If so, you defaintely had it coming.
It's s**t when people do this though. I had my MX-3 keyed within a fortnight of having it, but it didn't have leaky exhausts or lowz..... I guess it ws just too classy for Arbury

I need to sort a few scratches out on my new car and was going to do the same as the stone chip guide on
DW.

BMW E46 330i Touring
JD or Toby - would you recommend me touching up all chips / scratches prior to polishing my entire car or polishing the car to see what comes out and then subsequently touching up and wet sanding?

Option 2 seems to make more sense?

Evo 5 RS
Do you have an exhaust that lets everyone within 5 miles know you're about?
If so, you defaintely had it coming.

I'd key your MX-3 purely on the basis of what you just said lol.

To the OP, it's normally just kids. It's a new car..they're unlikely to get a thrill from keying a 10-15 year old pos are they. Retarded as it may sound

JD or Toby - would you recommend me touching up all chips / scratches prior to polishing my entire car or polishing the car to see what comes out and then subsequently touching up and wet sanding?

Option 2 seems to make more sense?

I'd do the former, ie fill, leave for a few weeks for the paint to harden, then wet sand and polish when you do the rest of the car. Depends on your time constraints Ads.

Listerine & Poledo
I'd key your MX-3 purely on the basis of what you just said lol.

If you can go back to 2003, and key a message into the paint telling me to keep the Toledo and run the damage through the insurance, I'd apprecaite it.... well, not imediately, but a few years later I would.

While you're there, stick a CS flyer under the wipers and link this thread somewhere so I don't just think someone's being a complete c-unit.

My mates next door neighbour passed away last year and during the clearout he bought her 1983 granada off her son, 2.5k on the clock, had been in the garage for god knows how long and was absolutely immaculate. A proper old woman spec, i.e the salesman got her to tick every box in the brochure.

The thing had barely seen daylight, so after a good service my mate took it out. It had been out the garage for barely 24 hours before some b*****d keyed straight down all three panels.

RB 182
Hard luck chap. I know how you feel, had my GTI-6 keyed outside the flat a few months back (standard, no heaping exhausts on it etc) Don't think there was anything personal involved as every car down the road had been done but would love to know who did it.

Hopefully the 182 will be safe as its kept in the underground car park now.

Evo 5 RS
My mates next door neighbour passed away last year and during the clearout he bought her 1983 granada off her son, 2.5k on the clock, had been in the garage for god knows how long and was absolutely immaculate. A proper old woman spec, i.e the salesman got her to tick every box in the brochure.

The thing had barely seen daylight, so after a good service my mate took it out. It had been out the garage for barely 24 hours before some b*****d keyed straight down all three panels.

Thats just twisted. The mind boggles

Not a 320d
boggle.jpg

I dont like that game. not one bit. Everytime I played it it was as though god was out that day to f**k me over.