ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally! Happy with the Cup

Had this car a year now and, as some may have sensed, I’ve not been overly-happy with it. It came with a bunch of mechanical problems, not least of all being a gearbox problem that unexpectedly led to its expensive failure (on X-Mas eve!:dead: ).

It’s taken me some time to get the money together for the bulk of the jobs I wanted to do and, following a period of recent activity (spend of £800+ on parts and plenty of time on my back in the garage), I think I’m finally happy with it.. thank f***.

Been through and replaced the engine mounts, top mounts, arb bushes, gave it a service, and have just got it back on the road after having had the steering rack reconditioned; also just put a Mk2 KTEC Stealth on it (like it – thanks, Andrew 172 Cup:) ).

Still got some minor tidy-up jobs to be doing but am chuffed with it after having changed the rack and exhaust – the rack work has seemingly sorted the PAS leak I had and I’ve also managed to cure an annoying cracking noise I was getting at full lock. Best of all, an engine noise that had previously been diagnosed as the dephaser (couldn’t afford to get this done at this time) has been cured – must actually have been something to do with the exhaust (?); v pleased about that anyway.

So – finally happy with the money pit!

Feeling the smug glow of self-satisfaction at the mo and just thought I’d share!:approve:

Thanks:D - got a week off work soon, some money left over, and am planning on visiting some in it, North Wales/Yorkshire way

Titanium 182
Yorkshire roads FTW !

Just got in from a nighttime blast round west yorkshire finest :)

Scary roads at night though ;) proper horror movie sets haha old bars no streetlamps the lot !

Yorkshire roads FTW !

Scary roads at night though ;) proper horror movie sets haha old bars no streetlamps the lot !

planning on reminding myself of Sheffield and Rotherham - any recommendations round that way? (been a while!)

Titanium 182
Yorkshire roads FTW !

planning on reminding myself of Sheffield and Rotherham - any recommendations round that way? (been a while!)

Ahh too southern for me matey :(

Get up to leeds and ill show you some road to thrill and scare you ;)

that is if i could keep up with you :dapprove:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yorkshire roads FTW !

A57 glossop to sheffield (snakes pass)
Cat & fiddle
A62 Oldham - Huddersfield
A640 Huddersfield to Rochdale

Some f**king EVIL roads round near us!!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

A57 glossop to sheffield (snakes pass)
Cat & fiddle
A62 Oldham - Huddersfield
A640 Huddersfield to Rochdale

Some f**king EVIL roads round near us!!

You can add the A58 (Rochdale to Rippondon) and B6138 (longest continuous uphill in the country just off A58) to that list and can be linked up with the A640 run nicely.