ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally managed to detail my rb182 (with pics)

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
So had this a few months now add been adding parts to it but still more to come but for now it's pretty much there.
Anyways in between working on customers cars I had time to make a start on mine.
This is the day I got it home.
20221029_111410.jpg

So first off foaming it up to loosen some dirt and grime. Bilt hamber auto foam was used.

20230217_105807.jpg

Next up the very impressive garage therapy decon shampoo used for the wash process.

20230217_110450.jpg

I followed this with tar removal and fallout remover etc courtesy of products from cartec uk, and bilt hamber clay.
No pics of this.

So now we onto the polishing stages. Cartec diamond cut used first to some great affect, removing some of the deeper imperfections.

20230217_123423.jpg
20230217_123410.jpg
Really do love the cartec polishing range, finishes down so nice for a heavy cut compound.

So after this I finished down with koch chemie m3 again a very nice finishing polish. Really bringing out the colour on this.

20230218_085428.jpg20230218_085355.jpg

I then followed this up with a ipa wipedown and prepped the glass for a sealant.
20230218_113014.jpg
love this glass sealant so easy to use no judder and excellent hydrophobic.

Next was the paint protection.
20230218_122241.jpg
Gyeon pure was my choice this time purely as I had some left over from another job and this really does make the paint look crisp and glossy, after cureing time was complete I gave it a final wipe down with gyeon cure.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Looking slick 👌🏼

I cringe so badly when my car is clean as I took it to the local hand car wash a few times when I’ve not had time to do it myself and now I can see loads of swirls 🤦🏼‍♀️

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Looking slick 👌🏼

I cringe so badly when my car is clean as I took it to the local hand car wash a few times when I’ve not had time to do it myself and now I can see loads of swirls 🤦🏼‍♀️
Cheers mate.
Yeah clearly I avoid them places like the plague with what I do for a living 🤣