ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally started tuning my PH2...

Clio Sport xxx
well after a year of joyfull ownership i have finally saved enough money to spoil my 172, well, more like receiving a nice bonus from work!:) Got quite alot planned for the next few days...

Tuning started this morning after a trip down to Powerflow in Southampton. Basically got them to fabricate me a de-cat pipe out of 2.5" s/s while still retaining the original downpipe. This involved cutting the exaust just infront of the cat, welding a couple of flanges on to make an extra joint. The cat then came out, and the de-cat pipe then fabricated to fit in the gap. It cost more then a normal de-cat, but well worth it, as come MOT time it just leaves a quick 10min job to swap them over. Watching them trying to get the downpipe off from the manifold looked a total nighmare, even up on ramps.... f'in n blinding, cries never to see another clio again lol... sod doing that twice a year!!!

Must praise the guys down there at powerflow actually, watched them from start to finish and they done a quality job, great workmanship! Just for anyone in the area thinking of having some exaust work...

So thats tuning part one done, the more exciting part two comes on monday, when the car will be spending the whole day down at K-tec!!:approve: I will be handing them over the Angelworks CNC ported inlet manifold to them to fit, which i got last week. Along with this, they will be fitting some Catcams 482s and doing one of their tailored ecu re-maps!! So monday cant come soon enough!! God this weekend is guna drag! CANT WAIT!!

Will report back after the work is done

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Lucky Sod... I just can't save enough to get Inlets, Cams and a Remap done :(

I'm so useless with my money

Clio Sport xxx
Lucky Sod... I just can't save enough to get Inlets, Cams and a Remap done :(

I'm so useless with my money

Im sure you could if you put your mind to it mate ;)

If anyone else has these mods done, your comments are most welcome to to give us and idea what it might be like!

Focus RS mk1
you will love it mate.k-tec did my 428s and re-map i already had 172 orbisoud race exhaust and de-cat aswell as green panel filter and it was quick until 3days later when it blew up! engine has been rebuilt now and 1 piston 4 rings 4 cleaned up bores and 5 n half weeks later my car is ready for me to pic up 2moro! really cnt wait now i have forgotten what its like to drive. just gotta run it in the boring part!

Clio Sport xxx
you will love it mate.k-tec did my 428s and re-map i already had 172 orbisoud race exhaust and de-cat aswell as green panel filter and it was quick until 3days later when it blew up! engine has been rebuilt now and 1 piston 4 rings 4 cleaned up bores and 5 n half weeks later my car is ready for me to pic up 2moro! really cnt wait now i have forgotten what its like to drive. just gotta run it in the boring part!

how come it blow up.did your cam belt go or something?

yeh right what he said?? :S really fills me with confidence that does!! lol