ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally Test Drove the R26 Today!

LY V6 with Recaros
I loved it! Didn't think I'd be that impressed as I wasn't that keen on the 225 I drove in the summer, but it felt loads better!

It felt really comfortable and spacious, and I love the instant speed you get from it.

I went through some prices with them, they basically offered £16,330 for the car (new) and with Liquid Yellow paint, Lux Pack, Xenons and black gloss wheels it would come to £19000 otr. Does that seem a fair price? It seems a lot, but the options come to £2670 alone, so I didn't think it worked out THAT bad...

Now I'm in a dilemma!! I really want one, and I want LY V6, which to go for next!! :eek: I think it would just make more sense to keep mine as it costs me bugger all, but now I've drove the Megane I'm in two minds! :S

I doubt I'd do anything until later this year whichever I went for, but I'm still working out if I can do it earlier!

Clio 197
Have see RS Megane in dci? it the same look & cheap to run

v6 are nice but only if you have the money to run them. R26 are great I think it group 17-18 & v6 20

mazda 2 sport white
need to pop over to meganesport.net and speak to stevewest he will look after you mate . i went from 172-182 and i'm on number 2 r26 and i love it :hail:r26lux mercury and 267 bhp just off a remap if you want more power

LY V6 with Recaros

v6 are nice but only if you have the money to run them. R26 are great I think it group 17-18 & v6 20

Yeah I have seen the RS DCI, it looks nice, but I think I'd rather get the R26. The running part isn't really an issue, it's more my impatience! If I buy any other car now, it will cost me more than if I wait until the end of the year, as my car finance will be paid by then. If I buy one now, I'd have to clear the finance first, which gives me a lower deposit to put down :(

Fletch, no I've never driven a V6, I know I need to drive both before I decide, I just can't find anywhere to test drive one :(

LY V6 with Recaros
V6 or R26....Tough choice! lol

You would say that :rasp:

I know all that, but I think I'd be scared to leave a vee anywhere, and I'm worried about all the speedbumps etc round my way. I don't even know if I'll be able to get it onto my driveway lol! Practical vs unpractical...! I'll change my mind again by next week probably anyway!

LY V6 will keep its value a hell of a lot better. More unique, rarer car- but I suppose I'm biased.

Think nearly 20K is alot for an R26 though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I know all that, but I think I'd be scared to leave a vee anywhere, and I'm worried about all the speedbumps etc round my way. I don't even know if I'll be able to get it onto my driveway lol! Practical vs unpractical...! I'll change my mind again by next week probably anyway!

Have you tried a vee yet...If not, you'll buy one straight away...regardless of Colour!

LY should only of been avalable on the Vee!!! it's common now! :(

Hear hear Ali!

Deb's though before making a decision take a Vee out for a test drive. there are quite a few down near you. I've drove the meg when it first came out and not really a patch on the vee for the money. Though the handling is excellent!

mazda 2 sport white
here are my times at Bruntingthorpe was a wet day and a slippery track.
and its a 225 not an r26

0-60 = 7.2

0-100 = 17.7

vmax = 133.8

1/4mile = 15.8@94.1

BHP 229

didnt think it was that bad when you compare it to a Clio v6 255 that was there on the day

0-60 = 6.9

0-100 = 19.5

vmax = 125.7

1/4mile 16.3@91.2

BHP 240

I used the V6 as a daily driver, it was great for all the looks etc but I was worried all the time about leaving it at shopping centres etc... and speed bumps done my head in! But going from a 182 it was a great experience.

I had a quick brief test drive in a R26 a few months back, it only had 7 miles on the clock! :eek: it felt superb! Quick enough, well planted and comfortable. Told the salesman I wasn't going to buy one but he was playing with figures and said I could have it for £16,500 (White, lux pack, black wheels etc) and that was without haggling.

Don't get me wrong the V6 is a cracking car, but I found using it everyday you lose a bit of the specialness it has unlike just using it on weekends.

Once owning a brand new car from new (my 182) then going to a 2nd hand car.... My next car would have to be brand new (call me a snob ;)) so if it were my choice now I'd have the R26. But keep in mind the new shape Megane might be out this year with an RS version to follow......

LY V6 with Recaros
I will definitely take a v6 out for a test drive first. V6 lancs, where have you seen a v6 for sale near me, I've had a look but can't find any at dealers :(

Jay, I know exactly what you're getting at about the new car thing. I've owned the 182 from new too, so I don't really want to get a used one unless I have too. But the vee is special, and I've always wanted one, so it's the one car I'd make the exeption for!

I said the same as you Deb it's the car I'd make an exeption for..... But, this may sound a little silly my V6 never really felt like mine because of it being 2nd hand and believe it or not I missed the 182 more! :eek: simply because it was mine from day one!

Don't get me wrong I didn't regret selling the 182 for a V6, but I know in my mind now my next car will be a brand new one because of these feelings.

LY V6 with Recaros
I think it's safer for me to just keep mine for a bit longer until I know for certain what I want lol! I'm forever changing my mind, but I know I'll miss the 182 and it's not that I'm not happy with it because I am...it's just exciting getting a new car and I'm getting carried away because I've just drove one!!

Not seen one for sale sorry Debs. Mean't there are plenty of owners on V6 Clio.net down that way who would prob take you out in theres.

Megane Trophy
The R26 is great, you pay £19,000 for it and within 2 years its worth a mere 12k maximum! Thats why i wouldnt ever buy new!

I saw some with under 10k miles and 12 months old they were about 13 - 14k!
Thats the area i would invest in!
:)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Yeah I have seen the RS DCI, it looks nice, but I think I'd rather get the R26. The running part isn't really an issue, it's more my impatience! If I buy any other car now, it will cost me more than if I wait until the end of the year, as my car finance will be paid by then. If I buy one now, I'd have to clear the finance first, which gives me a lower deposit to put down :(

Fletch, no I've never driven a V6, I know I need to drive both before I decide, I just can't find anywhere to test drive one :(

us RB drivers must be the same i wanted an R26 after i drove one but now i want a vee but i havent driven any!! nowhere to test drive one!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Why people buy new cars is beyond me...I'm the 3rd owner on the vee and it doesn't bother me in the slightest!

Mine is my everyday car and like i said today at the meet, it's more than pratical for me!!! I had an overnight bag and a keg in the front the other wk...What more do you need! ;)

LY V6 with Recaros
I've joined up with Meganesport so will have a little look at what deals I might be able to get, thanks :)

From looking at what other people have paid for them, £19000 is quite alot! :eek: It seems people are paying £16000 even with the LY and Lux Packs from main dealers. I can't seem to get the dealers to budge that much!

I've joined up with Meganesport so will have a little look at what deals I might be able to get, thanks :)

From looking at what other people have paid for them, £19000 is quite alot! :eek: It seems people are paying £16000 even with the LY and Lux Packs from main dealers. I can't seem to get the dealers to budge that much!

You need to try harder then.... :)

Try and contact Steve@Wests (believe he's on MS and RS) or Alex Levington on RS for the best deals.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah I have seen Alex Levingtons posts on RS, will definitely pm him if and a few of the others before I went and bought anything :)

Defo! Are you sure you want LY?

I quite fancy a Megane, but really love RB miss the colour loads. Sadly can't get it on the Megane :(

Abarth Grande Punto
19k is a hell of alot of money for a r26, my father in law paid around £17k from incape in southampton

You live near me, you'll be fine with one.

No way i'd lay out 19k on a meg tbh.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yeah I have seen Alex Levingtons posts on RS, will definitely pm him if and a few of the others before I went and bought anything :)

Speak to Johnny or Peter at Martins Basingstoke, they will sort you out with a better deal. The V6 is over-rated IMHO.