ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally the sun - LY220

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sun came out so a pair of PilotSport4 on the front replacing the 2 worn SuperSports. Feels like an upgrade tbh! Was never too keen on the supersport compaired to the PS4

Fitted my smaller front plate from fancy plates and then gave it and the Mrs new GT TCE90 a scrub!
IMG_20190419_191110.jpg
IMG_20190411_152213.jpg
IMG_20190415_181728.jpg

Clio
I do finally like the look of the new clio but the engines put me off .

Maybe its time to buy a renaultsport again .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I do finally like the look of the new clio but the engines put me off .

Maybe its time to buy a renaultsport again .
There's a few good engines, 1.5 dci is a peach, 1.2 tce is good and the 1.6 tce in the rs is great, or at least the 220 is!

The 900cc thing is a good wee driver surprisingly refined and doing 50mpg! But slow for me but she likes it. Going to get it mapped in a few months

Evo 5 RS
Not enough, slow as a week in jail. Drives nice, step up from a 1.2 16v, big step down from the mapped 1.5 dci it replaced but it was cheap and does 50mpg!!

Really? I guess it's all relative, they can't be on the light side, either. I'd only ever get one in this colour, too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Begs the question why it has no poke with 220, then. Depends what you’re comparing it to I guess.
The 220 has no poke? What are you compairing it to? Lol I've found its savage compaired to the previous generations! Massive step up especially in low to mid range torque, the way it slingshots it's self out a bend at 2500rpm you would need a 197 up past 5500rpm to match and a few gears lower probably!

Evo 5 RS
The 220 has no poke? What are you compairing it to? Lol I've found its savage compaired to the previous generations! Massive step up especially in low to mid range torque, the way it slingshots it's self out a bend at 2500rpm you would need a 197 up past 5500rpm to match and a few gears lower probably!

I l misread post above, thought you were saying the 220 was slow, sorry lol. Did wonder!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The best thing to do with a 220 is have it mapped, 250hp and 260ft/lbs torque isn't shabby at all ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
You won't have any problems with the gearbox at that power ?
Im not so sure, my mates just traded his 200 EDC in after it got a new box under warranty for making horrid crunching noises during changes! not a chance im willing to take voiding the warranty on a 1 year old 24k car lol a job for when its out of warranty!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Im not so sure, my mates just traded his 200 EDC in after it got a new box under warranty for making horrid crunching noises during changes! not a chance im willing to take voiding the warranty on a 1 year old 24k car lol a job for when its out of warranty!
Then there's the other side to that coin, a chap is running hybrid at 285ft/lbs torque and has been for over 3 years.