ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding a route

this is nearly impossible to get my amp wire through, there is no grommet and where there is (when all ovf you say the boot release grommet) its so high in the foot well i cant possible do n e thing wiv it casue i cant see it for a start and when i try and push n e thing through i cant get ne thing to go through,

its really wqinding me up cause i dont really wanna pay an ICE installer to just put a wire through to the engine and charge me for it,

shall i just drill a hoe through the body work , ?????

cheers

No dont do that....

Use the gromet youre talking about (bonnet release) but you have to unclip the power steering fluid resivoir in the engine bay to get to it (I found it easier to push the cable from the engine bay into the car and then gently pulled the rest of it through.

Just be careful not to loosen any of the pipes for the power steering

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ideally yes,

drill a hole if you can then seal it once the cable is through with silicone sealent.

Or you could try the old nitting needle .. sometimes works depending on how thick the grommet is.

Dont know if u have this on yours, I have a mark one clio, and theres an unused grommet behind the suspension strut. dont have to remove anything to get to it apart from the actual grommet so u can put a hole in it.

no theres nothing really starting to wind me up , n e ideas of how to take of the power steering tank without breaking the damn thing cant get htat off either

no ideas sorry. i didnt hav to move anything. haynes manual should tell u tho. If u cant move it u, should b able to drill through the metal, into the footwell. just make sure theres nothing behind it and you use a grommet on the hole.

what year is your car???

if it is 98on, have a look in the passenger footwell, there will be a (bonnet release) cable going through a grommet, you need to disconnect the cable from the front of the car, feed it back through the hole, then remove the grommet from the cable

once this is done, clamp down the grommet and drill through, it will become obvious where, when the grommet is removed

replace grommet and reconnect bonnet release cable, now feed your power cable through you newly drilled hole, pull through and connect to the battery

job done

i have 4awg cable going through this grommet, i even think 2awg may fit, may be tight, but it is possible

hope this helps

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 02 June 2003

you need to disconnect the cable from the front of the car, feed it back through the hole, then remove the grommet from the cable

Baffled, from the front of your car, do u mean in the engine bay or in the cabin? the pull the cable all the way into or out of the cabin? drill the grommet, cant you just push a hole though it using a wire coat hanger, sorry if this seem clear to everyone else!!!

Thanks

no worries drilled a 20mm hole and now has a grommet in it looks tidy and have run the cable loverly , now me sub is soundin nice now all i gotta do is get some components