ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fine scratches

Astra SRi T
hi there,

ive just washed my clio , it looks very shiny!, but when i was up close and the sun was shining i could see 100's of tiny scratches all over the bonnet and the whole car!:dapprove: ive got merqiures scratch x and quik clay, Ag super resin polish but havent used them, i dont know where to start?!?! :S the bonnet looks bad in strong sunlight.

any advice on what to do 1st would be gratefull appreciated, im off work all next week so im prepared for it being a big job.:dapprove:

Where abouts are you based ? Scratch X will do it but if the whole car needs doing it will be tiring and time consuming. Would be better to get someone local to PC the car to remove them.

Astra SRi T
im in wrexham, the scratches arent deep just little one all over it, i usually just use turle wax polish, because its been cloudy and winter i havent noticed then

Sadly they dont have to be deep. You could always scratch x a panel or two each time you wash the car. If you dont have the time and/or energy to do it one hit but getting it PC'd with the correct product by someone who knows what they are doing (Brazo, Rich, 182_blue) will be the fastest and easiest way to sort it.

Astra SRi T
i dont know anyone round here who'd be able to pc it:( , the bonnet looks the worst perhapes i should do that 1st? should i clay it b4 hand?

106 GTi
I would clay the whole car first yeah.

Then working in small sections use the scratch x and a folded terry towel and see what it does. It will be hard work, and take a few applications by hand but should help make the car look better. Remember to work the polish in the area you are doing until there is little or nothing to remove that way you know the scrtach x has broken down and done its job.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Doing the whole car with scratch X by hand will be a long hard fight. I'd look in to getting a PC dude. :(

VaVa
I started to do mine. And gave up after the bonnet. lol.

I thought being a world champion masturbater might see me in good stead. Not a chance. You'll need arms like popeye to do a whole car effectively!