ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finished Colour Coding

172 Cup
Hello

Just finished Colour coding my car yesterday, its the first time I have spray painted and to be honest its came up quite well I think.
Sorry for the low quality iphone pics.

Before
6109066900_98759c3ec2_z.jpg

IMG_0036 by Blacky950, on Flickr

After
6109070538_f680aa9d4a_z.jpg

IMG_0097 by Blacky950, on Flickr
6108518535_4954b8d82a_z.jpg

IMG_0101 by Blacky950, on Flickr

6108517513_2fc07d53d5_z.jpg

IMG_0100 by Blacky950, on Flickr

renault clio 182
how hard was it to do the bumpers/ side strips? i do abit of spraying myself aswell and want to do the same to mine!

nick

Looks like they could do with a good polish!

Get some 1800-2000 grit sand paper on them, then give em a good polish. Will look as good as the rest of the paint then.

Side strips are easier, because there's less of a flat area.
Bumpers are a bit harder because they're much bigger. Looks a good effort for a first attempt though mate!
As said maybe leave the lacquer for a week then get some really high grade (wet) sandpaper and smooth off the orange peel, then polish it back up.
Will take a lot of elbow grease by hand though!

Edit: please tell me you haven't got 2.0 16v bullets?!

TT QS
Side strips are easier, because there's less of a flat area.
Bumpers are a bit harder because they're much bigger. Looks a good effort for a first attempt though mate!
As said maybe leave the lacquer for a week then get some really high grade (wet) sandpaper and smooth off the orange peel, then polish it back up.
Will take a lot of elbow grease by hand though!

Edit: please tell me you haven't got 2.0 16v bullets?!

nearly broke several fingers prising my front bumper ones off!
not a nice experience at all lol