ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Firestick kodi sportsdevil

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I hate this thing it's absolutely s**t!!!!

Trying to watch the Leicester game and it's having none of it.

Freshly installed, right version (jarvis) and now all it does is freeze or say Web request failed.

Before I throw it out the window any advice?

Sacked it off and watching on plus1hd which isn't free but is reliable. Can i get plus1hd on my TV through the firestick?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Works fine on my skysports

Hope that helps

I nearly launched my firestick through the window yesterday. I tried to catch the 2nd half of the stoke game and gave up trying to get it work at 16:40

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Not reliable at all is it. Think I'll stick to plus1hd. Missed the friggin Leicester goal

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Not reliable at all is it. Think I'll stick to plus1hd. Missed the friggin Leicester goal

I'm yet to be completely convinced by them to be honest. Maybe I'm not technically minded enough to keep on top of it, or I just can't be arsed.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I stuck kodi on my mums firestick and she loves it for watching films.

They are noticeably slower than on something more powerful though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll be buying the box and paying the £50 annual subscription fee. My mate has it and everything is perfect. You don't even have to search for streams, just select the game and it runs flawlessly and in HD. A lot of the movies are in 4k.

Currently got the firestick but since Xmas its been awful and so unreliable.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'll be buying the box and paying the £50 annual subscription fee. My mate has it and everything is perfect. You don't even have to search for streams, just select the game and it runs flawlessly and in HD. A lot of the movies are in 4k.

Sounds good to me - which box is that?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Sounds good to me - which box is that?
I need to get more details off him, but I'd assume it's this one
93f478ddfe246f0d67914165dc2450d4.jpg

ZemTv addon is pretty decent for the sport channels. No HD but it's still a watchable stream and it rarely buffers, for me anyway.

Bulldog streams is not too bad also, have taken over from Robocop. Try the 'test' streams, HD ones buffer too much. Sportsdevil is utterly useless for the football, that's where you're going wrong.

Save yourself the price of the box and put the subscription on your stick, will do the same job. It's the paid addon that's got everyrhing, not the box.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
What do you get with that @riz?

Im pretty handy with kodi but not heard much about any of the paid addons.
Are they reliable / secure?

Used to be great for sport on njm, bulldog, turks but its all gone a bit south since the whole world jumped on it.

2007 clio dynamique
Mobdro was/is pretty good , I'm not sure if its still available though , the app for android devices worked well

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
What do you get with that @riz?

Im pretty handy with kodi but not heard much about any of the paid addons.
Are they reliable / secure?

Used to be great for sport on njm, bulldog, turks but its all gone a bit south since the whole world jumped on it.
UK Turks was mint when I first got mine

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, basically ehat has happened is a group of people knicked all the links and made new addons using other peoples work.
Everything got shut down for a week or so untill the devs made new encryption so it couldnt happen again.
Everything seems to be back up and running now although i struggled with ive streams today for the football.

Is a bit hit and miss but it is free i suppose.
Just gets annoying when you want to watch something live and it doesnt work.

Films are flawless on it though.
Exodus has pretty much everything in full hd now. Thats all i use it for now tbh.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Pay for a subscription and you have everything. Can watch on ios or add a repo to kodi to watch on there

Sportsdevil is w**k.

Depending who your internet provider is they block the vpn. Try cosmix or Phoenix instead.

Cosmix is another I use, forgot about that one.

Between Cosmix, Bulldog and ZemTv (Mona, Sport365, uktvnow and Pv2 sports from the list) can usually find a watchable stream for the sports channels when the football is on.

Use AresFootball for highlights/full match, they get put up pretty quickly after the game has finished.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If it's a popular game you won't find any decent streams on Kodi, just too many people trying to access it at once.

If it's a popular game you won't find any decent streams on Kodi, just too many people trying to access it at once.

I watched Spurs throw their toys out the pram last night using one of the addons I listed above, albeit wasn't in HD but it was perfectly watchable and never buffered once.

HTH.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Save yourself the price of the box and put the subscription on your stick, will do the same job. It's the paid addon that's got everyrhing, not the box.
I did consider this, but I find my firestick to be a bit sluggish and slow to start up, I'd imagine the box would be a lot quicker. With the option for 4k too, I might just go for the box.

I did consider this, but I find my firestick to be a bit sluggish and slow to start up, I'd imagine the box would be a lot quicker. With the option for 4k too, I might just go for the box.

Yeah I know what you mean. That was one of the first things I noticed when I first plugged it in, how sluggish it was and that was even before I put Kodi on it. I'd like to try a box to see what it's like.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Need to make sure the TV is upto scratch, IIRC some sets have been sold as 4K but they can't put out the frame rate to give a watchable 4K picture.
In essence you could view a picture in 4K but not really watch a movie.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Also isn't the main provider of 4K content (at the moment) Netflix???
little bit of humble pie if Amazon are shipping a 4K Fire box for people to watch 4K Netflix on :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Need to make sure the TV is upto scratch, IIRC some sets have been sold as 4K but they can't put out the frame rate to give a watchable 4K picture.
In essence you could view a picture in 4K but not really watch a movie.
I actually thought mine was 4K....turns out its not..LOL (Panasonic Viera 55AS650).

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got my Amazon box set up with the sportsmania subscription (£17 for 3 months). So far so good. Streaming SS1 HD with no issues, after altering the video acceleration settings.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've really fallen behind with Kodi etc. I set up Pulse but that was probably 5/6 weeks ago, and haven't updated it at all since.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Raspberry Pi is so much better as a base than these Fire TV sticks.

Once Pi 2 came around, they were more than powerful enough to handle Kodi.

I have no problems with anything really, and I'm not exactly keeping on top of things.