ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

firm brake pedal possible servo ? not much pedal travel

Clio 182 ff
when i first got the 182 the pedal felt progressive with medium pedal travel. I noticed recently that my drivers front calliper was sticking slightly as it would hold me at the lights etc, i took it to my garage and he found the slider pin was sticking so he cleaned up both front callipers, greased the pins and he also cleaned the pads up. That has fully solved the brakes sticking but the pedal now feels quite a lot firmer with less pedal travel. the strange thing is that is is the pedal feel is really inconsistent, one moment it feels how it used to (progressive, with good travel) then the next time it will feel really firm from the moment i press the pedal. It almost feels like something is blocked in the brakes making it feel like i have hardly any travel at all. throughout the normal feel and firm feel pedal, i get plenty of power and can engage the abs. i tried the servo test, pumping the pedal with the engine off then the pedal sinks when i turn it on. this is my first experience in a 182 so have not got a clue what the brakes should feel like or a possible fault. my mechanic thinks maybe servo vacuum pipe but i can find them for sale anywhere? any help will be much appreciated thanks