ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first 3 days with my RS

Clio RS200 + cup
picked up my 59 plate Black RS 200 with opt cup chassis last friday.Filled her up went to see relatives in Portsmouth at the weekend, about 90 miles from where I live.Found the car to be a bit, errr, tiresome on the motorway but fcuk me do these things handle on proper roads!! Had plenty of quick motors over the years but the clio must be one of the best handling cars,pound for pound, on the planet! Through the gears the acceleration was great too, really hard to resist when people wanna sit on yer bumper lol and the noise from the pair of canons out the back make me laugh every time. Fuel was better than expected, got there and back on half a tank! Hard to find anything wrong with it at the moment, but the standard ICE will be replaced soon as its not all that. Anyway just thought I'd share the impressive first impressions. all the best

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
aah that sounds about right then... i was shocked then lol

the image i got in my head was of other motorists plodding along then a black blur flying past followed by nnnnnnnyum :p

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
hi sparxman, where do you live in essex? did you get that 200 from lookers at colchester, best to drive slow on motorways, i mean speed limit or it gets to bumpy i think, join the club and come for a blast, cu about ian

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
hi sparxman, where do you live in essex? did you get that 200 from lookers at colchester, best to drive slow on motorways, i mean speed limit or it gets to bumpy i think, join the club and come for a blast, cu about ian

i think its hilarious on slightly bumpy national roads... not so much on b roads with lots of ups and downs throwing you out of your seat and making you come down hard on the brakes instead of heel and toing lol

Clio RS200 + cup
Must admit ive never driven one before and doing 80 in 6th it felt like 3rd gear! great fun tho and yeh so bumpy but i loved it, much better on the B roads tho.Ian I got it from basildon but I live about 10 minutes from lakeside, where you based? mines black....see you about

200 GORDINI
Must admit only had mine a week and on the m-way on sunday wife kept saying put it in 6th,
it had been in 6th since 40 mph!!!!!!!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Must admit only had mine a week and on the m-way on sunday wife kept saying put it in 6th,
it had been in 6th since 40 mph!!!!!!!!

Thats why I love my Megane - 6th on the motorway is heavenly :)

Not a 320d
You got that from a tank of fuel? 180 miles?

And people say my 1.6 GT is worse on fuel than a 200......I get 280 if I give the thing utter death.

Really starting to like the 200 now. I bet theyre a f**king riot down backroads.

Clio RS200 + cup
lmao hey I reckon I am getting about 350 to 400 on a tank but its hard keeping off the gas so 320/350 is more realistic! gears so tightly stacked that its a bit hard work on motorways but it only ever goes on one every few weeks, will give it a clean up over the weekend and put a few pics on

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
lol maybe im getting too old
if you drive steady on our very bumpy motorways, been down the m25 lately:dapprove:, you will get 30 mpg only i left work last night after topping up at esso in chelmsford £1.37 per litre, whoopee, decided to take a steady ride home got to the A12 some farmer in his vogue landrover starting giving it some away from the lights, thought sod this see you later, mpg back to 27 when i arrived home, your never to old believe me,:race:have to get some more petrol tonight :approve:

Listerine & Poledo
I can only speak from my own experience with a standard 172, but yes I think so.
It could be purely a placebo effect, but I find the car more willing to get up and go.
I also find it easier to milk more MPG's from a tank if I'm not giving it a thrashing.

Renault do say 98 RON is recommended though, well, they do on my fuel filler cover anyway.

Try a couple of tankfuls out, see how you get along. I barely do any miles anymore so it only costs a couple of quid every so often to get V-Power, or Momentum, may as well.

Mind, if you can get 1mpg more out of it, it's paid for itself

Last edited:
  Ibiza FR Edition
I can only speak from my own experience with a standard 172, but yes I think so.
It could be purely a placebo effect, but I find the car more willing to get up and go.
I also find it easier to milk more MPG's from a tank if I'm not giving it a threashing.

Renault do say 98 RON is recommended though, well, they do on my fuel filler cover anyway.

Try a couple of tankfuls out, see how you get along. I barely do any miles anymore so it only costs a couple of quid every so often to get V-Power, or Momentum, may as well.

Mind, if you can get 1mpg more out of it, it's paid for itself

This! V power is only 4-5p more expensive or so at my local shell and I wouldn't run it on anything else anyway! As the engines are designed to run on 98ron+ they get noticeably better mpg out of higher octane petrol, plus it is better for the engine. I can't say I have tried standard unleaded so I couldn't say this was a fact from my experience, but from what others have said it seems pretty clear.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
thanks goodj i will try some, i take suzannes car to work when its raining and i tell her im putting some petrol init:approve:, if its not raining i will take mine tonight and get some, happy days

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This! V power is only 4-5p more expensive or so at my local shell and I wouldn't run it on anything else anyway! As the engines are designed to run on 98ron+ they get noticeably better mpg out of higher octane petrol, plus it is better for the engine. I can't say I have tried standard unleaded so I couldn't say this was a fact from my experience, but from what others have said it seems pretty clear.

is there any difference between 97 and 98? as i havent noticed much of a difference between unleaded and the sainsburys 97 (nectar points y0!)... is it worth me hunting down a shell garage and trying 98?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
if you drive steady on our very bumpy motorways, been down the m25 lately:dapprove:, you will get 30 mpg only i left work last night after topping up at esso in chelmsford £1.37 per litre, whoopee, decided to take a steady ride home got to the A12 some farmer in his vogue landrover starting giving it some away from the lights, thought sod this see you later, mpg back to 27 when i arrived home, your never to old believe me,:race:have to get some more petrol tonight :approve:

ive noticed once the mpg starts to dip it wont come back up lol... on the way to work yesterday i got 40+ mpg (in steady traffic) then on the way home it went to 39,38,37 now its comfortable on 36 no matter how steady i drive lol

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ive noticed once the mpg starts to dip it wont come back up lol... on the way to work yesterday i got 40+ mpg (in steady traffic) then on the way home it went to 39,38,37 now its comfortable on 36 no matter how steady i drive lol
knuckles, you must have pushed the reset and been coasting in neutral to get 40mpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Nope :approve: i reset it as soon as i got onto the slip road and was in 6th the whole way down, apart from slowing down which i did through the gears... i have an hour long commute and play the how-high-mpg game lol

Clio RS200 + cup
pulled into an esso a few hours ago, only one pump left, before i realised i was putting in 95! oooops

only had it 5 days and its back to the dealer tomorrow, brembos are grinding, they said they did a full service before i picked it up, thought they would have noticed if the pads were grinding against the disc! called them earlier to book it in and he said it was.......dust! hmm..........back to my very first post last week regarding good independents!

Listerine & Poledo
When I first got my 172, it had been stood for a while at the dealers.

I expressed concern about the brakes and their response was "you've just got to give it a thrashing to clear the cobwebs out of her", then, I paraphrase them but "she'll be reet".

Not Brembos, granted.

Clio RS200 + cup
doesnt matter what brakes are on the motor you'd think thats the first thing they would make sure was right, cant say im looking forward to dealing with them in the future

Listerine & Poledo
find a good straight piece of road with no-one on it, get soe speed up then bulkhead the brake pedal.

repeat several times.

see if it makes a difference

Clio RS200 + cup
should have done that when i got it but its back to the dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully a nice new set of pads :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Addictive, aren't they?

I picked mine up on Tuesday last week and I've already done 500 miles. lol. Love it.

Ibiza FR Edition
is there any difference between 97 and 98? as i havent noticed much of a difference between unleaded and the sainsburys 97 (nectar points y0!)... is it worth me hunting down a shell garage and trying 98?
I'm not sure to be honest, all I have put in mine is V-Power which I believe is 99 octane and half a tank of Tesco Momentum, which is also 99 octane. It all depends on how far away the garage is (it wouldn't take too many miles for any benefit in increased mpg to be wiped out by driving further to get the petrol.) Bear in mind although shell have a reward scheme, it is pretty shocking...

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
should have done that when i got it but its back to the dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully a nice new set of pads :p
my pads do that all the time, i was told they all do it in the wet, they seem ok just the same.