ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car project mk1 Clio 1997

Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
Well I thought I might share my project I've had going this year to make a reasonable first car on a tight budget. It started out as a bog standard Mk1 Clio for £240 which is a pretty good bargain seeing as all that was wrong with it was a broken water pump but that was soon fixed at a local garage, I would of attempted it myself but it involved timing belts and I wasn't up for getting that wrong, but anyway this is what it looked like to begin with.
010_zps87280795.jpg
[/IMG]
0122_zps6efded90.jpg
[/IMG] The suspension on the passenger side is waaaay to high haha
0092_zpsb15b315f.jpg
[/IMG]And the inside with quality brown carpet car mats But before anything basic things had to be done starting with the brakes
IMAG0009_zps2cd1c8c5.jpg
[/IMG] Old and new brake discs
IMAG0008_zpsdc02222e.jpg
[/IMG] Looking a bit better but the amount of rust there is under the car is crazy it flakes off every-time you touch something Well after the brakes were done a whole new standard exhaust system was put on for it to pass the MOT which it did to my relief.
DSCF6111_zpscc625d06.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF6111_zpscc625d06.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
  Clio Mk1+Fiesta Mk6
There's some to come ;) unfortunately this is just to show what was done to it this year because it is going up for sale next month (very sad about it). Just thought people would like to see what I've done to it this past year.

Last edited: