ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car

1.2 Clio Sport
Hi there, I am now the proud owner of a 2000 1.2 Clio Sport. Just got it home today and started with some general cleaning.
Here it was the day I paid for it
20150402_153752.jpg

I got her home, gave it a wash and began cleaning up the engine bay, unfortunately I have no before picture. The silver engine cover is missing unforunately, it wasn't there when I bought it.
20150403_155632.jpg

Then I decided to attack the front light as after 15 years it had become cloudy. Some T-cut and elbow grease later I had some noticeable improvements. I will do some more but it's much better already
Before:
20150403_121227.jpg

After:
20150403_144931.jpg

With light fading here is how she currently sits. Not sure what to do with the spoiler as of now...Being 18 money is a bit of an issue and right now the things to do are some tires and potentially a suspension bush. Also I plan on changing the interior bulbs and number plate light to LEDs, and maybe install a spare set of HIDs to the driving lights/fogs (not sure of name the ones on the bumper)if they are the same fitting. One other tiny thing I did was swap out a Sony Xplode radio for one with bluetooth.
11067585_10206485023550696_1617174214278013984_n.jpg

Thanks

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
De ja Vu - didn't you make a similar thread earlier mate? If not, welcome to CS! Enjoy being a driver!

1.2 Clio Sport
Typhoon I did but that was more of just an intro, I want to share my slow progress here :p And also I thought here would be better for help. Apologies if it's annoying.
Thanks mushroom, yeah not mad about the spoiler at all but I would need a new panel/respray if I took it off.... and I've better things to spend time & money at like tires, anyway this is standard compared to some of my friends cars ie. loud n going nowhere.
So first question what size/fitment are the bulbs in the headlights and fog/driving lights?
Thanks

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
It's the wheels and lexis lights that ruin it mate, getting those sorted would be my priority :up:

1.2 Clio Sport
A couple of small updates if anyone is interested. I'm hoping my manual will be here today.
I attacked all the faded black trims with some "back to black" gel. I was really happy with the results. I also got two new tires, which took the garage over an hour to fit! So it's safe to say it isn't going back there again. Next on the to do list is a new set of plugs, leads and air filter, install the two washers in the top mount, and check all the suspension joints. Really impressed with the car so far though, it handles really well especially in all the windy roads around me, and the steering is amazingly light! It also needs a polish and a clean again as it's been really hot (20°) and dusty! However the sun makes it difficult to polish without it drying instantly. I also think I will put countersunk bolts in the antenna mount so I can have it at less of an angle.
Snapchat-369976102215832923.jpg

20150405_112530.jpg

Snapchat--7881660754554187702.jpg

1.2 Clio Sport
My washer jets arrived today but unfortunately are hitting too low and can't be adjusted :(
However my LEDs did arrive and I replaced the interior and boot light which look much better!

Last edited:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Keep it exactly how you want it mate, if you like the alloys and the lexus lights then keep them on there.

95% of people will give their opinion and it's only a few that will try and force theirs, do what you want to do to it and don't take any suggestions to heart!

I would personally lower it if you're in the position to do so, looks quite high at the minute.

1.2 Clio Sport
Thanks! You can't please everyone. I had the front wheels off today to check the suspension and fix a few of the trims which were cracked. Unfortunately all the anti roll bar (i think that's it) bushes need replacing ASAP so I've ordered those. I also found someone botched a HB4 into the dip light which is a HB3. So I think I'll order a set of Osram Night Breakers, unless anyone suggests any better ones.
Unfortunately lowering isn't an option as of now. I have the NCT (Irish equivalent of the MOT) in two weeks so must get it sorted for that. Then I have to renew the tax.
20150410_145738.jpg

20150410_145744.jpg