ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Clean of 2007 and some new products

106 GTi
Finally got round to trying some Swisswax products I have purchased over the last few weeks. The 182 had been out of action with a flat battery, with this sorted I took her out for a Sunday morning blast and treated to her to a clean.

Paintwork is in ok shape, could do with polish but that will have to wait till spring. First up to try was Swissax Onyx wax, said to look good on Dark paint, it is one of there entry level products at £40 a pot, sits in the price bracket of Pinnacle Souveran and Zymol Carbon. In use it is easier both on and off than Carbon, snd one par with Souveran. Spreads on very easily and is easy to remove. Smells quite nice aswell! Looks wise the paint was well waxed, seemed to add a little more depth to the paint than the Zymol Carbon and Titanuim on applied to the paintwork previous.

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5180.jpg

Next up was Swisswax wheel wax, purchased on a wim to make up an order of a few other things to get free delivery, inital thoughts where what a tiny pot! Things looked more promising in use - the wax in the pot is very hard and a small amount goes along way, a few swipes where enough to do a whole wheel, after doing all four wheels the tub hardly looked like it had been used.

Wipes on very easily and after 10 mins after as the directions say, wiped off very easily and left a nice finish. (wheels had been polished and sealed before they where just washed today and this applied) Will see how it lasts.

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

A few more pics for those intrested

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/182swissvax/

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
looks good mate, brings a new meaning to clean!!!

you havent got silvervisions!!!tut tut!

amazing rich, simply stunning. what would you suggest is the best wax other than P21s for a racing blue?

jamie

106 GTi
amazing rich, simply stunning. what would you suggest is the best wax other than P21s for a racing blue?

jamie

On all Blues I love P21s, when I had my light blue 306 and mid blue 205 I could not find a wax I liked the look of as much as P21s on them. I have a blue car to do in a few weeks so will test some othert things on it for you.

Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax looks nice on Blue.

looks good mate, brings a new meaning to clean!!!

you havent got silvervisions!!!tut tut!

Nah totally factory!

alright i suppose.

pm me buddy , let me know when you are free for some in motion pics and when you are ready to have a crack at the gf's gti

Mazda MX5 1.8
what camera have u got??

the pic u took of mine @ trax has so much more in the way of reflections than any other picture i have of my car.

106 GTi
Nice write up Rich, both look like they give a good finish.

Is this the wheel wax that you were using?

Thats the one Ben, pot looks tiny, but you use so much less than say the Poorboys one. Pot hardly looked touched after doing all 4 wheels. It is a very hard wax coampred to the other wheel waxes which are almost liquid like in the tub in some case.

Mito Sportiva 135
Looking good Richy boy, the anthracite wheels seem to be able to produce a lot more reflective shine than the silver 172 alloys I have.

I am just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit before I do a "proper" clean again, will probably order the PC next pay cheque although will be testing it on my Mum's golf before I do mine!

Must get photobucket account.... was my new years resolution lol. (Not actually before you start calling me a loser!)

106 GTi
I have a 172 to do in the next few weeks so will compare. The laquer on the 182 wheels seems to respond well to polishing, looked quite flat on purchase but have cleaned up well.

You wont regret the PC.

I have a 172 to do in the next few weeks so will compare. The laquer on the 182 wheels seems to respond well to polishing, looked quite flat on purchase but have cleaned up well.

You wont regret the PC.

:rolleyes: ? or another ?