ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First & current hot hatch

Clio Trophy + GT3
Here's my old 5 GT-Turbo. It was a company car (I was only 23) and as I changed jobs, I only had it 14 months, but I did 44k miles in it & got nicked for speeding 3 times! I left the job as they were expecting me to look after construction sites in St Austell, Braintree & Cambridge - I live in Surrey - it was just crazy.

r0gc4Sq.jpg

nvFAauN.jpg

The current is the Trophy - just a fabulous car - had it since April 2017 & have only put 5k miles on it. Very different situation.

Zc3EM8q.jpg

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Do either of these count as a hot hatch?

Nova GSI (bloomin' loved this car)
Saxo VTR

If not, then my first was a BG 182.

Now have a 182 cup and trophy.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
First was in 1984.. 1980 Vw Golf 1.6 Gti
Present.. Clio 172 cup for track use only..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Swift Sport
Do either of these count as a hot hatch?

Nova GSI (bloomin' loved this car)
Saxo VTR

If not, then my first was a BG 182.

Now have a 182 cup and trophy.
I'm sure some will disagree, but to me any sporty version of a hatchback can fall into the hot hatch category. I reckon too many think that the 0-60 time matters, when really it should just be a fun peppy version of a traditionally boring car.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My first was an XR2i, I don’t think I actually have any pictures of it as it had an unfortunate meeting with a tree about a month later 🤣.

Currently have a 182 Cup.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I'm sure some will disagree, but to me any sporty version of a hatchback can fall into the hot hatch category. I reckon too many think that the 0-60 time matters, when really it should just be a fun peppy version of a traditionally boring car.
I'm sure the bloke who nicked the Nova from MK Tesco thought it was hot given it probably overheated on him a mile down the road.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Fiesta 1.3Lx was my first car (K reg), but first hot/warm hatch was an L reg 106 rallye in red. Think I might have a kodak somewhere, in colour tho! :ROFLMAO:

Think the VRs counts as a hatch, 20 years later

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
First. Mmm, maybe an N Reg fiesta 1.6si with superb seats. But I count my f reg Red XR2 as my first.

Current. Mk5 Golf GTi.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
My first luke warm hatch was a 205 XS, surprisingly nippy and wasnt far off my mates 1.6 GTI.
Also had Astra gte x 2
Nova SR (not a fan after the astra)
205 gti (lots, 1.6 and 1.9)
Renault 5 Turbo
MG Maestro x 3 (great fun road rally cars)
172 Cup x 2

Never owned a rwd car, and the 4wds were legacy estates and a Mitsubishi Pinin.
Currently dont own a car, just a Merc Dueliner Sport 115 van. Had it mapped in feb so pulls much better now and 40+ mpg on a run

Clio Cup
First = Brand new Lupo GTI in 2002. Treated myself when finishing uni
Last = Clio 172 Phase 1

Many many many more in the middle :)

Highlight was a brand new Civic Type R in 2005 £16,700

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
First hot hatch, a 205 GTI 1.6 I bought 4 weeks after passing my test. I got bored with the 997cc 4 speed pastel blue Ford Fiesta so i took a loan about to buy this. Loved it even though it spent more time in Campions Peugeot of Lincoln where my dad worked in the parts department back in the late 90s. Bought it with an engine on the way out unbeknown to me, had to keep topping the header tank up, ended up blowing steam out the exhaust and into the piston bores. We sorted another engine from Skip Brown well known in Pug circles then paid a Peugeot mechanic to have the car outside his house and swap lumps over as a private job. Ran like a dream afterwards! Fitted the 1.9 wheels and half leather seats as a treat.
FB_IMG_1585774680083.jpg

Had too many cars in between, mostly French and all Renault bar the odd classic mini and a couple of Mk2 XR2s.

This is my latest hot hatch. The Mégane 4 RS mapped to 330hp and 360ft/lbs torque. Pro Alloy intercooler, lowered on H&R springs, spacers front and rear, PFC Z rated pads, Castrol SRF fluid, Michelin PSS tyres.
DSC_0593~2-01.jpeg

First was a Fiesta Mk5 Zetec-S & my current hot-hatch is my Corsa VXR Nurburgring.

Had a fair few in between.

Looking back the Zetec-S had probably the ‘box i’ve ever used!