ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First detail of the Black 106 Rallye S2

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I gave the Rallye a good hand polish today. I didn't intend to go OTT, as I have a PC in the post, and planned to have a major session when that arrived, but I still ended up outside for 5hrs+.

Car
106 Rallye Series 2. Left hand drive imported from Germany. Only 3 Black S2s in the UK, as far as I know. Spec: Bilstein, Yoko semi slicks, standard 8v engine.

Method:

Rinse with Karcher
Wash with Megs 62
Clay with Megs clay bar and Quik Detailer
Rinse and wash again
Dry with Megs water magnet
2 polishes with Megs Scratch X
2 polishes with AG SRP
30mins of AG EGP for protection
1 layer of Megs Nxt Tech for looks
Trim courtesy of Megs Endurance gel.

Pics:

DSCF1617_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1640_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1620_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1622_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1629_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1637_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1639_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1644_editedMedium.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Now that is tenting material, I love the Rallyes and love black cars the combination leads to *bing*

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
To get the black one. I'm pretty sad.

It's actually pretty good though.

I wasn't mocking you mate, I was just curious. But now you mention it, buying a Left hooker just because its black.................:quiet:

Nice car BTW, always wanted one.

I understand. As far as I know it's the only 8v black S2 in the country. There are two more but they've been 16v'd. To me the car is pretty special. It's in stunning condition, I know some previous owners, so I had to have it.

LHD is better for the weight balance, pedal box, and being on the outside of roundabouts. It's only a 106, so I'm not much further to the left.

106 GTi
Just posted over on the PSOOC, looks good. Nice rare car.

The NXT will have removed some if not all of the EGP unfortunatley as it contains cleaners in it.

Looking good Darren. I used to do all that at your age LOL. Chuckling at Brand86 original comment about the inside - it really is mint.

Saxo VTS
Stunning!

Always been a closet 106 fan and imo the Rallye is the coolest!

Fine example there dude. You must be proud :)

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Looking good Darren. I used to do all that at your age LOL. Chuckling at Brand86 original comment about the inside - it really is mint.

Thanks, Steve. I will look after it.
I like the LHD already, and my GTi sold to the first viewer, so everything worked out well in the end.
Thanks again.

Aye, t'was mine. The car is a little gem. It would be a great car even without all the mods done. All seems to have worked out well with the Gti sale too.

This may be the last time you can thank Gordon Brown for something Darren :)

S2 106 GTI
Fantastic!!! love these cars!!!! a lad i know used to have a white one.
fancy cleaning my car? ;) it is sooooo shiny!!! great work matey

S2 106 GTI
I gave the Rallye a good hand polish today. I didn't intend to go OTT, as I have a PC in the post, and planned to have a major session when that arrived, but I still ended up outside for 5hrs+.

Car
106 Rallye Series 2. Left hand drive imported from Germany. Only 3 Black S2s in the UK, as far as I know. Spec: Bilstein, Yoko semi slicks, standard 8v engine.

Method:

Rinse with Karcher
Wash with Megs 62
Clay with Megs clay bar and Quik Detailer
Rinse and wash again
Dry with Megs water magnet
2 polishes with Megs Scratch X
2 polishes with AG SRP
30mins of AG EGP for protection
1 layer of Megs Nxt Tech for looks
Trim courtesy of Megs Endurance gel.

Pics:

DSCF1617_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1640_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1620_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1622_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1629_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1637_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1639_editedMedium.jpg

DSCF1644_editedMedium.jpg

when you washed the car you said you used megs 62 what is this??

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hello mate,

Saw your car today parked on East Way near Bournemouth School.
Looked pretty cool :)

Oli