ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Mclaren P1 customer car

Titanium 182 FF
As with all cars of this nature full electric mode seems pretty pointless. According to an Evo article McLaren claim it can drive in full electric mode up to 100 mph for 12 miles.

I did at first think he might have been talking about a McLaren trio of the F1, MP4-12C and P1 :eek:
Anybody know who the guy is? I think it might be the family whose cars feature on Taxtherich100 YouTube channel.

Belongs to Paul Bailey.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Not massively overwhelmed by it to be honest. Most folk will just assume it's a mp4 with a different body kit, that's if they know what that is in the first place. Zondas and koeningseggs anyday for me. They just have more passion and character built in. Yeah they might not be as fast but bloody hell where on earth can u actually use that power

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I went to the McLaren friends and family event a few months ago, they had a black car on display - incredible machine in the flesh.

9532476922_c4456692d9_c.jpg

McLaren P1 by adamlstr, on Flickr

9529695839_0b0c826be6_c.jpg

McLaren P1 Rear Wing Mechanism by adamlstr, on Flickr

9529695961_0268e7b1e6_c.jpg

McLaren P1 by adamlstr, on Flickr

Not massively overwhelmed by it to be honest. Most folk will just assume it's a mp4 with a different body kit, that's if they know what that is in the first place. Zondas and koeningseggs anyday for me. They just have more passion and character built in. Yeah they might not be as fast but bloody hell where on earth can u actually use that power

If you could afford a P1 then you'd most likely already have a ton of other supercars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at it looking like an MP4-12C! Maybe if I poke you in the eyes with a stick!

/VXR

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen one on the road and it is genuinely jaw dropping in real life, pretty surreal aswell when it pulled off from the petrol station in full electric mode, absolutely silent. I'll post up my videos/pictures when I'm on a computer.

Tangoed Works
Absolute beauty and look much smaller in real life. I saw That black rx13 driving on the m20 a few weeks back. Looks like a stealth bomber on the road!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Stunning car but what a co ck driving like that. Terrible coming off the rab onto the slipway by the Daewoo - quick way to loose your licence. Speed one thing dangerous manoeuvres like that totally another.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Haha Tim's videos make me laugh. Anyone see the abuse he got on his Facebook page for offering models of his own car (Purple R8 Spyder) for like £300 or something?

Anyway, that car is awesome. I can't talk about all I know but it was a pleasure to know about it from so early on (Being a car nerd and all).