ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Ph1 172 just bought

BG DCI
After a tough fought ebay auction I have won a Ph1!

It was pretty local to me so went to view. The current owner was a genuinely nice guy (even gave me a cup of coffee which is a first!) which says alot about the car which was also excellent so I decided I would have a good go at it online.

No idea if it was some people off here bidding but I had to push my budget abit to win the auction but after waiting a long time to find a good one in this colour it was worth paying abit more for.

It will be my 3rd Renaultsport and 6th Renault and I'm only 23. Not bad stats I suppose.

so far I have had a:

- 2004 Megane 1.4
- 2003 Megane 2.0
- 2002 172 Cup (on here, VA52 PYG)
- 2007 R26 (loved it a lot, will own another)
- 2004 Clio DCi 100 (currently for sale)

and now will be:

- X reg Ph1 172 in Pearl black

I have wanted a Ph1 for a long time now and I am sure i'm going to love each minute of ownership.

If anyone can let me know about gearbox refurbishments in the south, as thats the only thing on my list, that would be brilliant.

This pic is from the ad but will get some more when I pick it up this week.

$(KGrHqIOKo0FIkc)o5UqBSQJyfHJcQ~~60_12.JPG

Spec is:

- Cooksport springs with cup dampers
- Spacers front and rear
- Ktec top mounts
- Ph2 rear lights

Think a stealth system will be the only thing on my shopping list soon, other than enjoying the car.

Going to try and be abit more active on here as its such a good place for Clio help and general chat. I sit on here for hours a day without really writing much! Going to attend a meet soon aswell and meet some fellow members.

Thanks

Liam.

BG DCI
Much did you get it for?

£1550.

People would of been able to see the ad anyway to see what I paid.

Thought it was a little too much but if someone else wants it you pay what you pay with an auction.

Last edited:
  ph1 19 16v, ph1 172
Robiniho77 where are you based?

I was watching this one as well and was thinking of going for a look too (I'm in Southampton)

I bought a silver one instead and am picking it up tomorrow evening.

:)

BG DCI
Robiniho77 where are you based?

I was watching this one as well and was thinking of going for a look too (I'm in Southampton)

I bought a silver one instead and am picking it up tomorrow evening.

:)

Am in Locks Heath so about 10 miles from actual Southampton.