ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Play with New Toys

Clio V6
Hi All

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice you guys gave me recently about pressure washers and snow foam lances. Finally got a chance to play with them today so thought I'd post a few piccies up (iPhone 4s only, sorry) :p

Pre-wash (pretty clean but some general filth caused by impact of the building site that we now live at:

IMG_1653_zpsf89a7aa0.jpg

IMG_1654_zps1fbc9686.jpg

Ewwwwww :(

IMG_1655_zps82a4c1a7.jpg

IMG_1656_zps93a58698.jpg

IMG_1660_zps0bb2a7c0.jpg

Here's the kit I used (as recommended by CS):

IMG_1659_zps4f22a3da.jpg

Bottle loaded up with 1/3 Valet Pro PH Neutral and 2/3 tap water (going to try out different makes over the coming months). It was a bugger applying the thread seal tape, got there in the end but still a few small leaks. Might resort to clingfilm next time unless anyone has any better ideas?

IMG_1657_zpsc3519b14.jpg

First sight of snow in the town this week :)

IMG_1662_zps6adb7028.jpg

IMG_1663_zps5e21e532.jpg

IMG_1664_zpsba23259f.jpg

IMG_1665_zpsc37d72fa.jpg

IMG_1666_zpsd7f7d746.jpg

Went over the car about 3 times and only used about 1/4 of the solution (much better longevity than the detergent method)!

And here's some after pics (getting dark at this stage so no time to do much else):

IMG_1667_zpsb9e84097.jpg

IMG_1668_zpsf787e86e.jpg

IMG_1669_zps12fdf24d.jpg

IMG_1672_zpsf26c6299.jpg

The car was then blown dried with a quick spin round the block (encountered some t**t in a Seat who insisted on tailgating me, pulled over and let him go by as can't be bothered with morons like that these days).

As said, the car was pretty clean to start with so not much dirt removed with run-off foam very white still. The whole reason for using this method is to reduce swirl marks though so as we get into the summer I'll probably do this regularly as a contact-less washing method or, if I have more time, a preliminary exercise before a proper detail including hand wash.

Roll on the spring, I'll do a proper detail and post some pics in decent sunlight taken with the DSLR / tripod :D

Thanks again guys :)

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
What a lovely V6. When I saw the first pic I thought wow that has worked and then realised you'd not actually cleaned it!!! Looks good and I'm jealous

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Special little car. Suits the colour so much.

Very jealous.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not very foamy, Charles ;) Should look like shaving foam and stick/dwell for a while... More practice needed !

Approx 1" of foam then about 3/4 full of warm water and see how you get on. Wind the throttle/mixer screw on top of the lance all the way in, then come back 1/2 a turn and adjust to suit. I think you're at the other end of the scale there at a guess...

Clio V6
Not very foamy, Charles ;) Should look like shaving foam and stick/dwell for a while... More practice needed !

Approx 1" of foam then about 3/4 full of warm water and see how you get on. Wind the throttle/mixer screw on top of the lance all the way in, then come back 1/2 a turn and adjust to suit. I think you're at the other end of the scale there at a guess...

Only a first attempt Mutt Chops, plenty of tinkering to try ;)

Clio V6

Right Mr Giraffe, I had another play today. Used up what was left from last week and wound the throttle right down, better foam, mental consumption. Will have another go tomorrow using warm water :)

IMG_1711_zps95d0be69.jpg

IMG_1713_zps2d1dd4e6.jpg

IMG_1715_zps3cea45a3.jpg

IMG_1716_zps0367e396.jpg

IMG_1717_zpscdb1255a.jpg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
That first attempt is how my lance has been performing. Hoping the servicing guide on DW sorts it.

I have had to go out and by a vice and other bits to carry it out though!