ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post! New car, need mod opinions!

Renault Clio Mk2
Just bought my first car although because of insurance as a 17 year old, couldn't get a 1*2 :( so all I've got is a 05 1.2 Extreme 3 in flame red. Don't think it will be worth doing any performance mods? Opinions would be great though! So was just thinking of a few visual mods to make it a bit more personal, was thinking of silvervisions and maybe a slightly tint in the back window? RS grille too I think. But need help and advice on what else? Total mechanical knowledge is none, so reply as if I'm stupid please thanks in advance!
Also anyone got some advice on getting rid of covering up this scratch? Silly me reversed into a skip..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
  Suzuki Jimny
One of my favorite colours. Keep it clean and tidy and get some new plain numberplates to freshen it up (Along with the silver indicators you mentioned) :)

Renault Clio Mk2
One of my favorite colours. Keep it clean and tidy and get some new plain numberplates to freshen it up (Along with the silver indicators you mentioned) :smile:
Pictures don't do it justice! It's nice when it's clean haha! Can you recommend me a good website for decent quality plates? And the silvervisions, are they for just the rear lights, or?.. Sorry as I said I'm a complete noob haha, thanks for the quick reply!

Silvervisions for all round, you'll need offset pin ones.
For plates, try fancy plates. Iirc you get a CS discount too (details are on here somewhere)

Renault Clio Mk2
Silvervisions for all round, you'll need offset pin ones.
For plates, try fancy plates. Iirc you get a CS discount too (details are on here somewhere)
Front and rear? Or side indicators too? Thanks for the info :) and cheers! Just checked the website and they look good, will probably order those soon!

Front & rear lights, then get silver side repeater bulbs.
Or you want something funky, Osram Diadems which are sort of blue, but flash orange.

Renault Clio Mk2
Front & rear lights, then get silver side repeater bulbs.
Or you want something funky, Osram Diadems which are sort of blue, but flash orange.
Okay! They easy to fit? Do I just take off the cover and swap them over? As I said I have no mechanical knowledge what so ever, no hate please I'll have a quick Google of those side repeaters :) thanks!

Renault Clio Mk2
Okay thanks cat! I'd love to, but with no knowledge, I'd have to pay what I'm guessing would be a fair whack to get it done? And how far would you say? Been reading between 30-50mm round here? Also would my insurance need to be told of suspension modifications? Thanks in advance!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm forgot you said you were 17, Insurance may be an issue then.
Just keep it subtle, have a look at some examples on here and keep it clean.

Renault Clio Mk2
Yes they would, and would increase your insurance accordingly.
Will probably go up hugely then might check later, maybe email some local garages and see what the total cost would be, also I'll do a mock up on ps to see if it's worth it, thanks guys!

Renault Clio Mk2
Hmmm forgot you said you were 17, Insurance may be an issue then.
Just keep it subtle, have a look at some examples on here and keep it clean.
Yeah, could be:( next year though, when it comes down by £700 it's going to be slammed;) if I haven't managed to write her off first

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Damm didn't know there was a discount code for fancy plates, my new plates will be with me tomo.

Car looks good, clean and subtle ftw

Renault Clio Mk2
Damm didn't know there was a discount code for fancy plates, my new plates will be with me tomo.

Car looks good, clean and subtle ftw
Haha always happens to me, that or stuff on offer the next day :( thanks! Think I'm just going to keep her clean, and do a few little things now and then so I don't get bored, and next year lower her, maybe some decent alloys. But for now, probably just small things!:)

RB Clio 182
That looks good! Is there any way I can save or pin a thread? Yeah it's a nice colour, it was flame red or black I had the choice of, exactly the same specs and mileage, but I see about 50 black clios daily, so went for flame red! :D

Yes when you reply in a thread it will automatically save to your watched threads, or theres a watch icon at the top right of the page above the 1st post.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It looks like a nice tidy car, if you desperately want to change things on it, make sure they're simple enough to change back and sell on when you sell the car.

Keep it serviced and put some good tyres and brakes on it.

If you must, look for a set of raceland/rokkor coilovers for about £120 to make the ride a bit more fun... Then you can sell them in when you change cars :smiley:

That scratch may be masked/hidden with a polish like G3 scratch remover and a filler like auto finesse ultra glaze. Have a look at my 'naughty blue 1.2 enhancement' thread for hiding scratches.

But it won't be removed without paint.

Renault Clio Mk2
Thanks everyone! Think I'm going to tidy it all up first, so hide that scratch, back to black it, and clean up the headlights to start! :)